Recruit & Collaborate!

Recruit for a project you're starting, or find someone to collaborate with on a remix!

Forum Guidelines (Read Before Posting)

The Recruit & Collaborate forum is a place where people can recruit artists of all types for various works for the purposes of collaboration. This includes (but is not limited to):

• a partner for a remix collaboration
  • remixers for an album
  • artists to draw album art
  • live musicians to play in your remix
  • composers for original music for a game you’re making
  • composers for original music for a video, podcast, etc.

Specifically, the Recruit & Collaborate forum is for advertising what you need, not what you can offer. If you’re a composer looking for some work, don’t post a thread saying “Here I am! Give me work!” Poke around the forum and see what’s available. If you want to market yourself, you can use your forum signature/biography for that. Threads advertising your own services will be deleted.

Conduct

When posting your recruitment thread, make sure to give as many details about what you’re looking for and what you’re working on as possible. When you’re commissioning original music, you’ll also want to be upfront about whether or not you’re willing to pay for work and how much. Be courteous. You won’t get any help from anyone if you’re a jerk, or if you place weird criteria on the kind of people you want to collaborate with (i.e. “no white rappers”). Also—and this really should go without saying, but I’m going to say it anyway—don’t criticize OCR’s staff, music, albums, judging process, etc. when posting your thread. We provide the Recruit & Collaborate forum to you so that you can connect with the people you need.

When replying to recruitment threads, be courteous. Don’t criticize the recruiter for starting an album project for a game that you don’t like, or for a game that already had an album project previously, or for any other reason. If there’s a fangame/remake project, don’t be that guy that always starts talking about cease & desist letters. If someone is posting a job listing or interested in commissioning work, don’t use their recruitment thread as your own personal soapbox to rant about the nature of for-hire work. Basically, if you don’t have something nice or helpful (in the “I’d like to help you” sense) to say, don’t post.

770 topics in this forum

• 8 replies
    • 5.6k views
    • 1 reply
    • 16 replies
    • 2.4k views
    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 29 replies
    • 2.4k views
    • 6 replies
    • 1k views