Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

Just to tell everyone in the project, Decision Bell is up and ready for critiquing in the WIP forums. Hope you enjoy it! =p

p.s. sadly, I never did find those tabla samples again but oh well...it wasn't like they were essential to the piece.

I was hoping I could get DrumUltimA on that one, or work on it myself, but sure, go ahead. I'm not at my own computer atm, so I can't check my notes, but I recall it not being taken. Now it is, and it's yours.

Consider the possibility of collaborating on it, I have a few ideas for it that I'll send to you once I get around to writing them down in midi.

Alright Raven WIP is up on the boards as well. Thanks to usa and roz for the critiquing on my eqing on the Decision Bell one. I have to admit I did go a little overboard. It was just too refreshing to hear a clear sound after sticking with the muddied version for such a long time =p

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, minor update. We've made some structural changes to how we're gonna complete the project, tho nothing's set in stone yet, we'll post a bigger update about that later.

I'm just gonna say that now that we're finally managed to block out the spambots, we can start focusing on actual members. I know Blue Nocturne recently joined, but if there is anyone else whose project forum account haven't been activated, let me know. I have to find you among 300 spambots, so let me know when you joined and what you name is so I can find the activation mail.

So, apprarently I'm a spambot! Why, you might ask, well, silly rabbit, I didn't pass the spambot challenge on the forums!

But, yeah, I don't remember my old login (if it's still even viable), so i decided to make a new account, & got rejected* by the spam detecter. So, yeah, I've strated working on a new version of my track on the count that my 360 is in for repairs & I have some free time open now. So, any help would be awesomes!

*said in a 90's totally rad voice

• 2 months later...

Whoa, it's trippy.

Nah man, we're trying to go for a less synthetic sound. The strings in there could fit nicely onto the project, but the noise and many synths don't quite fit. It's great, tho.

btw ppl, expect an update about the project some time real soon. We're _not_ dead just ebcause you haven't seen anything the past few months.

• 2 weeks later...
www.freijman.com/audio/amazon_afterwork.mp3

You are free to use my track if there it's room.

It got rejected as a singel track. It's yours if you want it.

That's pretty slick. If you wanna keep working on it and try and get it into the project, I honestly think you could just change the instruments and leave most of the notes alone minus a few tweeks. I'm hearing acoustic percussion of some sort like hand drums or a rock or brush kit... some B3 organ action for that bouncy backing synth... electric bass or an upright... maybe a piano in there somewhere... and of course leave the strings as they are.

Not that I don't like the electronic version. I've listened to it, like, 12 times already. It's just that I think if you can't get it accepted as a single track, you should try and make it work for something else. Even if the final product sounds a lot different than the original, I don't think it would be much of a stretch to make it fit in with the SD3 project. You're really onto something with this one, and I'd hate to see it stranded in someone's "finished songs" folder. It has an awesome groove that really works no matter what the genre is.

Even if you don't wanna change that dramatically from the original idea, keep trying to make it fit somewhere it'll get the recognition it deserves. I haven't heard a song with a groove that tasty in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to add my WIP for POSITIVE.

Radiate Me - A Brief Dream of Victory.

I realize the intent of this album is to expand on the original source and keep it close to Kikuta's vision. Well, there's only so much source in this song that can be done in a triumphant stab that Kikuta himself did not already do, and it wasn't working out until I tried it in a very ambient, dreamlike and then later acoustic drum and string heavy fashion before making it dreamlike again.

This was inspired by a Tangerine Dream song I have and by other works from Kikuta himself - particularly "Close Your Eyelids", "Farewell song", "Vivid" and bits of Secret of Mana+. He loved to play with song structure, so I do that here and keep it sounding like Seiken Densetsu - F major with ambience and a Vibe lead. I wanted to make it seem like a dream, with the ambient part symbolizing sleep, the dream of victory (leading up to the acoustic bits), the sudden wake up (2:00) and then falling back to sleep (outro).

I hope this is acceptable. Thank you.

• Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic