Rozovian

Seiken Densetsu 3 - 2020 here we come!

1,362 posts in this topic

This is the longest project I've seen in my life ... i know someday will be released, I still have a little hope

HoboKa likes this

It's going to be a BIG album, too! :D I haven't been this excited since Mavericks Rising or Balance and Ruin!

On 10/23/2016 at 2:37 PM, Yosh1PrisMa said:

This is the longest project I've seen in my life ... i know someday will be released, I still have a little hope

You should have more hope than that - it's in the process of being mastered on a $150,000 mastering console by someone who's basically volunteering professional grade skill and equipment for the project (as in for free). So, like everything else in this project, it's taking some time, but that time will be worth it.

I'll check on the goings on for that here soon. Everyone's been busy for the last 6 weeks. I myself have been battling a relapse into clinical depressiveness and that's been gumming up my schedule (which is already at 56 work hours a week to help pay the $4,000 I lost in car damages and more over the summer) and frequently annoying me with existential confusion and distraction. I've had to take whatever breaks I can to ease down on stress while the meds do their job, otherwise it gets worse, but with Halloween over and my personal surroundings improving, I'm getting back into a functional state where I can devote more direct effort to this project again. :)

Such is life, but the bottom line is that things are still moving forward, nothing's stopped, just slow goings.

TillyFun and Chromarin like this

don't worry I'm not rush to release the album, i'm a person who has lots of patience slow but safe

Progress is being made. I had my own unrealistic expectations on the pace of the mastering, but we're well on our way with that. It's one of the last things left to do. That excitement I had earlier this fall has subsided, but I have a feeling it's on its way back.

Only one track away from the mastering being done! The last track is going to be tricky, I'm told, but the rest of it is done. :D

OCR brass will want to discuss artwork next. Rozo, PM time!

Special-Man likes this

Hello. 

Is there any news about this project? Kinda sad.. This was my first OC project. I've rise as musician at OCR, get in few project releases and even died to OCR forever(i guess). Damn, my son is almost one year old, I had no girlfriend when i joined it! But this thing still somewhere - nowhere? 

Anyway. Thank you Rozo for made my music sounds like music!

We're still moving forward. There were some problems along the way on the mastering table and naturally using a real commercial studio with a $150,000 mastering setup for free is going to sacrifice something in the way of time, but nothing's cancelled or stalled, just eternally moving a lot slower than we expected due to real life always getting in the way. I myself broke one of my vertebrae last month.

I contemplate now the plausibility of just saying "YES WE CANCELLED IT IT'S DEAD NOW YOU HAPPY?" so that y'all'd shut up and we can continue working on it in peace.

>:D

I'm just kidding. We're still trying to work on it as we can, I'm just trying to make light of the infinite delays and help keep the mood comical instead of tense as the universe makes us earn every inch we crawl towards completion. :P

It's coming, we promise. If it dies or gets cancelled for whatever reason, we'll tell you so. If you're not sure, assume we're working on it (because we are).

We're finishing up the mastering. There were some unexpected hurdles to overcome, but almost all of the mastering work is done, we're going to set up a control listen so the artists can verify that we haven't destroyed their mixes in the mastering process. We'll try to speed up these last stages of the project, so if you've got a track on the album, stick around, be available for this.

I think I'll update the first post with the tracklist and metadata soon, so we can all verify that track and artist names and capitalization and everything is in order. And it's a nice reveal for everyone looking forward to the album too.

BIG NEWS!

The mastered tracks are finished and have been delivered to Ocremix staff! Now the staff, who as we've seen with this week's release of the 62nd OCR project album are extremely efficient about releases and have it down to a science by now, have all the finished and mastered audio!

At this moment I'm unsure if we still lack enough artwork, but I don't think that should be a huge hurdle to complete. Any other hurdles from here should be minor. I know I've said that before, but now that the top brass has the full mastered content, it's extraordinarily unlikely anything should mess it up now. :D

Thank you for your patience and hanging on with us (or at least restraining yourselves from REALLY dramatic acting out on it). We hit a MAJOR finish line FINALLY and things should go quite good from here to release.

Look forward to it! It may come up sooner than you think (a first for this project!) :D

Black_Doom likes this