Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

OK, since Rho still can't post in this thread (Please, someone at OCR fix this, it is really annoying) I am announcing that the forum is now open again and all musicians and project people should be able to access it here.

In case you have trouble posting there, just PM Rho on his account there (Rozovian) and we will take care of the permissions.

In case someone didn't notice - our forum is back up, and we'd like everyone to post their wips again so we know who's still alive and awake and aboard and so on.

Speaking of which, me and Usa, we want to hear your wips so we know where you're headed and can tell you if we want something like that in the project or not. it's better to do that before you've done two-three minutes of material, so show us your pre-wips!

For other info, read the first post.

• 2 weeks later...

I never post in the forums. Let me say that much right now.

That being said...

PLEASE do an awesome job on this remix project! And...PLEASE PLEASE don't forget my all time favorite from SD3: Meridian Child!

I'd offer to do a track or two, but...alas, I'm merely one who enjoys music, and have little confidence in myself as an actual mixer.

Knock 'em dead, people!

Argh! I know I asked about it ages ago, but I can't find it in my msn chatlogs. Usa's absence is partially attributed to the bad kind of illness, partially to school and work occupying loads of his time. I know a thing or two about photography, so I know it's loads of work.

I'll ask when I get a hold of him. I gotta talk to him anyway about what we think of Jago's cool WiP.

• 1 month later...

Polo.

Nothing's happened that' have us update the info, but there's stuff going on anyway. One track is almost compelte, and I keep getting progress reports for another one. There's still unclaimed tracks tho, so, if anyone's interested, let me know.

And all you who've claimed tracks - work on them. Show me or Usa what you've done with your tracks. Abadoss, wanna grab another track?

id like to do a track on this. how many songs are open still?

is there a way i can get a list or a link to see whats available?

is this project really deserving of my talents? Yes!

what talent you ask

how bout the talent to kill a yak, from 300 yards away, with mind bullets!??

Nutri, you've got PM.

(Quote below somewhat edited)

Available tracks:

1-12 Raven

1-16 Oh I'm a Flamelet ()

2-11 Positive

2-13 Closed Garden

2-15 Innocent Water ()

3-06 Rolling Cradle

3-07 Black Soup

3-11 Religion Thunder

3-13 The Sacrifice Part I

3-14 The Sacrifice Part II

3-16 Reincarnation

3-17 Farewell Song

3-18 Breezin

3-19 Return to Forever

1makes2, these tracks are available last time I checked. Read the first post. :P From your works so far, I'm not sure we'll let you on the project (a matter of sound and/or genre, mostly), but you're welcome to grab a track (above quote) and try to convince us.

Nutri, you've got PM.

(Quote below somewhat edited)

1makes2, these tracks are available last time I checked. Read the first post. :P From your works so far, I'm not sure we'll let you on the project (a matter of sound and/or genre, mostly), but you're welcome to grab a track (above quote) and try to convince us.

just cause the songs i have worked on so far have a certain feel to them; doesn't mean i am restricted to any specific genre. what kind of genre are you going for. if you are not accepting electronic subs im sorry but i don't have the resources to make anything sound super realistic. i have made lots of songs varying from rock to trance so i am flexible. just tell me what you are going for on this project and i will try to produce something great.

We're not banning electronica, we just want the project to feel more like the OST. Related genres, similar sound. If you can write good MIDI for any of these tracks (albeit with limited samples), Usa can render them with better sounding instruments and hand them right back to you for mix.

Rock, solo piano, jazz, orchestral, ethnic/world, metal, country (maybe)...

Trance, dance, techno, DnB...

Unles you're colorblind, that should get you the general idea of the preferred genres, tho you might get some idea from listening to the OST too (see first post).

Write some good MIDI and you're in. :P

• Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic