OCR00930 - *YES* Final Fight CD 'Adrenaline Rush'

djpretzel

Hey djpretzel,

First off, I love your site. I've been coming here for months and I'm constantly coming back looking for new and interesting remixes.

OK, now on to the mix. I chose to remix this song from the SegaCD version of Final Fight. The music is from a level that I know for a fact is not on the SNES version, and I'm not sure it's in the original arcade version either. Anyway, it's a level that you're riding an industrial elevator, and bad guys are dropping in all around. Finally you get to the boss "Rolento" who tosses grenades at you and what not, he's a total pain in the ass. Anyway, the music was this awesome guitar track much like the entire soundtrack for that game.

For my mix, I chose to go for a more electronic/rock hybrid. Everything I played by hand (guitar, keyboard, and drum programming). I only use one drum loop and I cut it all to hell in the beginning. There are 2 parts to this remix, the first part gets you set up so you get the general idea of the mix, and then there's a change in tone and it turns into the adrenaline pumping (hopefully) track it should be. This song should get you pumped up to go kick some ass on the street. OK, laterz!

Here is the link to the file:

Okay, first off, and most importantly. It feels like that the guitars are on a totally different "level" than the rest of the components of this ReMix. It just doesn't fit in for my ears. It sounds weird, and needs to be worked on. I'm not too fond of the synths used - Particulary at about 2:40. They simply don't acquiesce to my ears. They make my head go boom.

NO

Dont care for the first minute of the song.

Have no problem with the guitar. The Grungier guitars later one are pretty good.

Damnit, I was hoping to go with a 12 rejections in a row streak, but this song and that Super Mario World one destroyed that hope. DAMNIT!!!!!!

Anyway, I like the drums, and the feel of the song.;

Could be less repetitive, but I think its fine as it is

Good job

YES

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, so I can deal with this. It's repeditive, but not all arrangements have

to bring stuff to the forefront of the listening experience. Many of my

tracks were designed to be run as background music to some other

experience. Few of us would want to sit down and listen to the

score of a movie without the images accompanying.

This gets a little fuzzyunbalanced in the 40 or so seconds previous to

the 3:00 mark, but overall the effect of the mix is tolerable to the point

of being enjoyable. BUt what in the bloody blue hell is with 3:30?

*sigh* Here I am about to say yes and then something like that has to

show up.

Ok, I think overall that one little "wtf?" moment is redeemed by the

solid feel of the rest of the track. I dont much care for the music itself,

but it's not musically.

YES

There are ducks in this song...

No wait.

That's a guitar. Ok, this really bores the hell out of me, I have to admit. I can't say it's not well done, but it bores me to death. It's the same four measures of chord progression and melody over and over till death do us part. The drums do offer variety, and the guitar sounds cool, but even the guitar doesn't really change much. There's no solo section.

Bah, I give it a

NO

for lack of variety

D

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah! I get to do a tie-break! :D

Ooh, lots of bass...

I like this mix a lot. While there is not very much variation on the melody for the first part of the mix, there are a lot of changing beats, each one of them with their own groove which adds something to the mix.

The instrument quality is good, and the feel is hard and rough, which suits fighting. I don't think that this mix was too repetitive.

YES