OCR00900 - Magical Drop III "Drum 'n' J-pop"

djpretzel

This is the best!!!! Really, really catchy !!

Starts off with a simple melody to hook you in.. then the fade break and WHOPPA!!!! there you go with fresh DnB, your unconsciousness makes you knobb your head without noticing it .. love the flow .. your breaks are just too good .. really like the poing effect in the bass, the bass line is rock steady .. mid part gives ya some time to chill .. after that it's building climax again for the beat to kick in ... love this track .. great work zera !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Waahh~ simple, straightforward, catchy and very nod-inducing. ^^;

I think it's always nice to hear music that's just very fun to listen to, and not all dark and serious, especially ones that're done with drum with strong kicks. oO;

Okay, I figure that didn't make much sense... but that's because I wrote it while nodding my head and listening to the tune. ^^;

The only problem *I'd* have with it is the ending, and the distorted thing didn't work out so well for me, but I think cheery happy things like these are sometimes hard to finish. oO; Most I know would chicken out and go with a fade-away. ^^;

• 7 months later...

The only problem *I'd* have with it is the ending, and the distorted thing didn't work out so well for me, but I think cheery happy things like these are sometimes hard to finish. oO; Most I know would chicken out and go with a fade-away. ^^;

yeah :) and fade-away endings are a big NONO anyway :) i'd rather simply suddenly end in the middle of a melody instead of doing the fade-away :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

During Lockdown 2, I gotta say, I was hardpressed to make all the connections to the source material here. Sounded pretty liberal to me. AFAIK, I was satisfied enough with what I heard to let it go.

As for the track itself, it's got a positive vibe without seeming saccharine sweet or syrupy, which I really enjoyed. Really excellent composition & sounds, as well as very tight production. Benedikt is a consumate musician.

• 8 months later...

Super super clean sounds, and some nice breaks; this is a great track for happily doing your thing to, whatever said thing might be.

The synth right before the DnB kicks in is excellent, I love that sound.

Light and fresh, this is a fun remix. I'd prefer a stronger hook in there somewhere, but as is, I think it gets it's point across.

• 1 year later...

Too many people are using the word saccharine here, but that's because it is an appropriate word to use. This mix uses plenty of good effects along with some nice synths and great percussion to make a pretty sweet mix. It doesn't have the greatest harmonic lead, and I feel like the bell synth loses some clarity in the mix, but it's a fun mix that is an enjoyable listen.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00900 - Magical Drop III "Drum 'n' J-pop"
  • 3 months later...