ASK A JUDGE: While we're busy NOT voting - your questions, we want 'em

Liontamer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I was looking at the 'To Be Judged' list and I see four songs from August that are up there, but no others(as I've subbed a song early August, the 2nd I believe). I was just curious as to what that was about...

Looks like most of those are resubmissions; any resubmissions can be immediately added back to the panel to vote on again so that they don't have to wait for us to catch up to when they resubmitted it. We'll be back to voting more often soon. :-)

serious question. I've sent a mix a while back but it still hasn't hit the panel.

Yes, it is that same mix I've been working on for years now.

I'm suddenly not feeling it. It sounds whack to me, and I'm thinking of starting over yet again (or at least making some more revisions and getting even more feedback in the wip forums).

so my question is, If I keep on resending updated versions of this same track will you guys/ladies check for the latest version or will you react like "gregurereuihkjlfdsg JOOOORRRRDDDAAANNNNN!!"

I'm pretty sure this will be the last time I make changes to it, but I just want to make sure that if/when it hits the panel it's perfectomundo.

serious question. I've sent a mix a while back but it still hasn't hit the panel.

Yes, it is that same mix I've been working on for years now.

I'm suddenly not feeling it. It sounds whack to me, and I'm thinking of starting over yet again (or at least making some more revisions and getting even more feedback in the wip forums).

so my question is, If I keep on resending updated versions of this same track will you guys/ladies check for the latest version or will you react like "gregurereuihkjlfdsg JOOOORRRRDDDAAANNNNN!!"

I'm pretty sure this will be the last time I make changes to it, but I just want to make sure that if/when it hits the panel it's perfectomundo.

Let me counter your question with another question: whatever happened to your album about what you learned from video games? No, seriously, I can't find it online anywhere anymore. I want it bad.

In response to your question, the safest bet would be to NOT send in your replacement until it is done, but send in an email telling them that they can go ahead with their evaluation on the old version. If that passes, it should be a lesser evaluation process to replace it with a new version, though really these kinds of things are taken on a case-by-case basis (depending on how close the new version is to the old, and if the changes affect the source amount or quality negatively in the ears of the judges).

• 2 weeks later...
Since I know I have some time before its is posted, would it be too late to give you guys the *Air3s Experience Edit* version of my already yes'd remix?

All it is, is production improvements and such to make it sound exciting and stuff.

^see, this guy knows what's up. :tomatoface:

Let me counter your question with another question: whatever happened to your album about what you learned from video games? No, seriously, I can't find it online anywhere anymore. I want it bad.

In response to your question, the safest bet would be to NOT send in your replacement until it is done, but send in an email telling them that they can go ahead with their evaluation on the old version. If that passes, it should be a lesser evaluation process to replace it with a new version, though really these kinds of things are taken on a case-by-case basis (depending on how close the new version is to the old, and if the changes affect the source amount or quality negatively in the ears of the judges).

This is what happened to that album, and [probably] my entire musical endeavors for the past 4+ years. ex., with that album, I've already added five more songs and considered trashing two. I guess I just have to learn when to be contempt, because I do have a tendency to make unnecessary adjustments whenever I learn a new trick.

When I get closer to being re-satisfied with that album I guess I'll send it over to you so you can prevent me from dissecting it yet again. T_T

^see, this guy knows what's up. :tomatoface:

This is what happened to that album, and [probably] my entire musical endeavors for the past 4+ years. ex., with that album, I've already added five more songs and considered trashing two. I guess I just have to learn when to be contempt, because I do have a tendency to make unnecessary adjustments whenever I learn a new trick.

When I get closer to being re-satisfied with that album I guess I'll send it over to you so you can prevent me from dissecting it yet again. T_T

it seems you're already contempt with some of your work. Maybe being content with your music is the better solution?

:tomatoface:

I'm sure this has been asked a dozen-and-a-half times, but when is the next OCR Album scheduled for release, and what is it?

They typically can't give out that kind of information. :x But from what we've heard publicly, FF6 is supposed to be mid-December sometime and DKC3 is supposed to be Q4 2012 which is anywhere from October to the end of December. Unlikely to be December if FF6 is coming out. So... patience, my friend!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I was just reading messages from 2010 on my visitor wall because I'm a huge nostalgic dork, saw a message from DarkeSword where he said about albums, "If you have a specific release date for the album, you can go ahead and post in Community. If it's just a 'hey here's what we're working on, we'll release it when it's done' preview, then wait until the album is actually available to post in Community."

Is that how it is these days? If I were to work on an album (solo, mind you, of remixes) would I be able to make a "progress thread" in community or would that be a no-no? If I gave a rough guessed "final date" would that make it a yes-yes?

Also wow, DarkeSword was always so helpful. Makes me feel bad for being such a nuisance all these years.

Edited by Brandon Strader