I'm going to listen to every SNES soundtrack.

Less Ashamed Of Self

I thought that for a Genesis it was OK, but the SNES version should be attempted. If anyone can get the tunes or make a patch to get the SPCs for that game, I'm good. I feel all music good and bad should be attempted for any game.

As for the music, nice to see someone identified the tunes. Yeah, this isn't one of the better games I've seen for the SNES music-wise. However, I don't mind doing any game, whether it be atrocious or not. Hey, I did the SPC set for one of the most repeative music ever, Revolution X! I played that game, inventing cheat codes on the way as well as using GSCentral, and beat it. I'm sastified with my results.

I also redump and add SPCs to existing sets. I also add composers to games. I have a Missing Composer List, a Problematic Composer List, and an Undumpable Composer List.

If you want a list of missing composers, including games I didn't find composers for after beating them/verifying the credits, I'd be glad to show them.

Another game that in my opinion had better music with the Genesis version was the Great Waldo Search. The VGM version had a sampled drum beat that, when converted over to the SNES version, did poorly with preserving the beat sample. That game is also first-note sticking.

Pit Fighter is a third game with the same problem, only that it doesn't appear so bad and that it's an Arcade to SNES conversion, until you realize it's the only track in the entire game. In this case, the composer is missing because the credits are missing.

In order to grab more composers, I am requesting that if there are credits in some sort of manual or in the game that they be revealed somewhat...

I will release the list of composers I have that are not on the SPC sets for SNESMusic.org if you want, in addition to the problematic and undumpable ones.

SECOND!

I programmed four MIDI's out of that game for vgmusic, so you know I like this one. I've got to have a ReMix done one of these days.

I also dig TMNT: Tournament Fighters.

THIRDED.

Ninja warriors. is so awesome. I recorded the whole thing to mp3 for travelling purposes.Its got that sound that just makes me think 16-bit. Parking block is my fave i think.

Fave snes soundtrack anlong with the Kirby games and Axelay. *sigh*

Have I mentioned that I work an obscene amount of hours to attempt this? It's been like 65+ in the last 4 or 5 days. I hardly have any time to do this really... I still want to though... I just hope no one's waiting for thorough reviews with baited breath.

When I hit B or C I'll post some thoughts though; that's another good couple of hours worth of listening later though. :D

EDIT: I'm considering going back to the beginning, and skimming through what I already heard to include comments about each game.

Also... I really really hate Alfred Chicken.

The first SPC set alphabetically, 3 Ninjas Kick Back, is my first set that I ever completed. Nickalodeon GUTS was the first one that I really got into.

4 Nin Shogi has been busted for "incompletness", and I have two additional SPCs at the moment if you want 'em. I haven't made much progress, though.

I also did for the letter A:

Accelebrid (Redumped from Mark Smith's SPC set)

Action Pachio (Using Lord K Lustar's dumps)

Air Calvary (Using Death Adder's dumps)

Archer MacLean's Dropzone (One piece of music was in the entire game! Just one!)

Games under the letter A that I have finished but SNESMusic.org has not yet released:

Al Unser Jr's Road To The Top

American Battle Dome

Those two are the only ones that I have done. There are some that are close to completion that I have yet to consider as complete because I have either yet to beat the game, time/grab additional SPCs that are easy to get like Battle Mode SPCs, or I have delayed it to investigate the game more, like Pagemaster.

Appleseed (Haven't gotten through Stage 5 yet, but I have all Sound Test pieces of music. Thanks to GameFAQs for telling me how to access them.)

Bomberman B-Daman (Have yet to beat the game: Have all Sound Test pieces of music.)

Cosmo Gang - The Puzzle (Still checking the puzzle modes.)

Gan Gan Ganchan (Trying to beat Hard Mode.)

No Escape (Still haven't gotten through all levels, but I have beaten the game using a Level Modifier code.)

Nontan to Issyo Kuru Kuru Puzzle (Still checking the puzzle modes.)

Pagemaster (Trying to access Special Stages. I know this because I have found proof by using HexEdit.)

Power Drive (Working on going beyond the first course in "Competition" after becoming the World Champion.)

Spark World (Working on Battle Mode SPCs/Timing)

Supapoon (Trying to beat the Bonus Round.)

Super Copa (Still investigating one of the other versions.)

Super High Impact (Curious on how to access the credits... they exist.)

VS. Collection (Curious on how to access the credits... I have a possible composer, but I have no idea if any of the four games are finite. So far, they're infinite as far as this goes.)

Zero the Kamikaze Squirrel (Still haven't gotten through all levels. Have all Sound Test pieces of music.)

I am requesting credits for the following games, because I didn't catch them the first time around, and they either require a code or the the manual of the SNES version:

Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball (US, Hudson)

Elite Soccer AKA World Cup Striker (US/Europe/Japan, Rage/Elite/Coconuts Japan/GameTek)

Hashire Hebereke (Japan, Sunsoft)

Jaleco Rally Big Run: The Supreme 4WD Challenge (Japan, Jaleco)

Oscar (US/Europe, Titus/Flair) (Don't try looking in-game: They only indicate the developer and the publisher. This went for Realm as well. Whizz hasn't been verified yet.)

The Shinri Game 3 (Japan, Visit)

Tarot Mystery (Japan, Visit/Ukiyotei)

Zenkoku Juudan Ultra Shinri Game (Japan, Visit/Ukiyotei)

The other games missing composers are either not my original set, or I have identified them via my Missing Composers List. They're not on GMCL or MobyGames.

The following games have composers identified in my Missing Composers List (only the ones that are currently missing are identified):

Beethoven's 2nd

Bobby's World

Brawl Brothers

Congo the Movie: The Secret of Zinj (Beta)

Dirt Trax FX (I assumed three composers, but the credits were not organized enough to confirm them. I have to beat the game to confirm the three composers.)

F1 Grand Prix Part II and III

Final Fight (Not in database so far.)

Full Throttle Racing

Hanafuda Ou

Harapeko Bakka

Hayazashi Nidan - Morita Shogi (Maybe: One composer is in the first track, but the other three are not identified yet.)

Hit the Ice

Humans

Keeper (Not in database so far.)

Last Action Hero

Lord Monarch

Magical Taruruto Kun ~ Magic Adventure

Mega Man Soccer

Mighty Max

Modular Escape (PD) (One person is indicated, but there are a lot more authors. That's because the music files themselves have the original authors.)

Ms. Pac-Man

Pac-Attack

Pac-In-Time

Power Instinct

Ren and Stimpy Show - Buckeroo$!

Rocko's Modern Life - Spunky's Dangerous Day

Rocky Rodent

Space Invaders - The Original Game

Speedy Gonzales in Los Gatos Bandidos

Star Trek Deep Space Nine - Crossroads of Time

Street Racer

Sugoi Hebereke

Super Buster Bros.

Super Conflict - The Mideast

Tadaima Yuusha Boshuuchuu Okawari (Not in database so far.)

Throughbred Breeder 2

Total Carnage

Virtual Bart

WWF Raw

X-Men - Mutant Apocalyse (Thank GMCL for this one. I played the US version and saw no credits.)

X-Zone

That's about 40 games that I have composers for, plus corrections and the news I have for the games that I failed to find composers for so far. I also have games not verified because I didn't beat the game.

I also have composers for problematic and undumpable ones as well if you want 'em.

Have I mentioned that I work an obscene amount of hours to attempt this? It's been like 65+ in the last 4 or 5 days. I hardly have any time to do this really... I still want to though... I just hope no one's waiting for thorough reviews with baited breath.

When I hit B or C I'll post some thoughts though; that's another good couple of hours worth of listening later though. :D

EDIT: I'm considering going back to the beginning, and skimming through what I already heard to include comments about each game.

Also... I really really hate Alfred Chicken.

I think its just an opportunity for others to say things like "hey that game ahd awesome music" and generally reccomend some faves even if its falling on deaf ears(thats what im doing anyway).

I suppose some thoughts on and surprisingly good soundtracks you come across would be nice.Plus its just an interesting thing for someone to do.

Id like to do the same with Mega Drive VGMs its really cool hearing how different people used the sound chips there must be about 100 different interpretations of a distorted electric guitar with thunder force 4s being the best.And how Yuzo Koshiro managed to get very dynamic orchestra sound in Story of Thor (beyond oasis?).

In the future im gonna have a YM2612 fitted into my voice box so i can make really bizarre screechy lead sounds from my mouth and scare children

Ive gotta learn to control this rambling.:oops:

Yeah, Alfred Chicken wasn't exactaly a good pick with me either. Oh well, there are some good ones and there are some bad ones. I myself am not so sure with some of my sets as for how good the music are. One example is Mystery Circle. I dumped the set, but the samples and notation are doubtful. See for yourself if you want to check...

• 2 months later...