OCR00924 - Zombies Ate My Neighbors "Panic of the Undead"

djpretzel

Nice to see NoppZ again. He's one of the few artists that I actually have a playlist dedicated to.

I like the feel of the track. Sort of like a fun-loving Haloween song in the vein of the Monster Mash (without the cornball lyrics). Personally I could have done without the weird scream sound effects, but I guess they they do enhance the whole fun Haloween vibe. I think it strikes a good balance between gothic and cheerful. Good stuff, definitely going in my NoppZ playlist.

I LOVE Zombies Ate My Neighbors. However, I didn't seem to enjoy it much on the SNES as I did on the Genesis. NoppZ mix does well to remind me of those days when I tried to get past that hedgemaze with the Jason ripoffs :D I dig the samples used, and even though it sounds near like the original song, I love it.

Next you should remix the mall music! you know? with the little dolls that go "WOOHAAAH!" :D

I'll eat YOUR neighboor.. er.. sorry. start the music! Hmm.. Ive Heard better from you, and im all for the "Yay fer ZAMN music" .. but i just quite simply expected More.

0:01 - rain .. hmm..

0:15 - OMG! we're being attacked! ambience much? ..

0:30 - oh man.. i figured it'd only be a matter of time before i heard this tune once more.. I hope you do some good things with it. The drums feel just a TAD to loud for my taste.. but other then that it works out pretty nice, the screams sound kinda cool..

1:08 - I do like the thunder-ish type effects in the backing. Also, I like how the medly has adapted at this point.. Cool stuff..

1:47 - Kind've simplistic mix.. Im fairly familiar with the original and this is pretty close as i remember. Id like to hear More modification.

2:20 - Its .. okay, im half-digging the vibe here.. Just expected a bit more, to be honest. nothing exciting.. nothing horrid either, a fair, simple mix. On a bad note, that ending was very much-so disliked. Seems very thrown-together-ish.

It sounded, sans the screaming, a bit too near the original for me. The instrumentation did sound a bit chippish, and the screams were a bit too prevalent. Not bad, though. Brought back memories of a frustrating game that had 48 levels and didn't generate a password that saved your items.

I didn't wake up today expecting this to be the best day of my life, but finding a ZAMN remix when I loaded up OverClocked I discovered it would be. I for one am thankful NoppZ didn't stray far from the original, as I have to disagree with DJ Pretzel here and say that the original soundtrack is fan-freaking-tastic (In its own cheesy B-movie way). The ambience is brilliant. The only thing I think detracts from the remix is the tangent it seems to go off on about halfway in- were it shorter, I think it would be overall sweeter.

I would love- LOVE to see more ZAMN remixes, but only of the original. As a huge fan of ZAMN I would be mortified to see anything from Ghoul Patrol (ZAMN's lesser known, awful sequel) remixed.

SeattleOverCoat: I agree with you, having played both versions of the game almost religiously. However, the Genesis version is sadly lacking the super secret Flamethrower weapon found on (I believe) level 22. :(

While listening to this I got flash backs of being in 4th grade.....I really liked that game especially the hedge maze level....With jason :twisted: running around witha chainsaw.....Now that music was the real classic behind that game.....One of my favorite levels....And my favorite game.....this remix was ok and it did have a cool intro but it only had 2 out of many other tunes in the game....If you had added that chainsaw level music with chainsaws in the bcakround it would of been awesome...Even the mall music is cool...But the remix of the 2 songs in a more intrumental format was better than the games techno sounds... I have been hopeing for a mix for this game in a long time...... And I hope lucasarts make a remake of the classic in a 3d form or maybe keep it a classic side scroller.... It would sell well....No other game has that way of playing like that....Walking around saving your neighbors from zombies, mummies, dracula, a mad scientist, waith a water gun, soda ect.

ah hahahahahaha!!!

once in a while a song comes along that totally grabs me enough to turn off my megadeth or iron maiden or whatever i'm listening to and i'm stuck listening to it on endless loop for hours into days until it drives me totally batshit and i still don't have the heart to change it. this is one of those. i had never played the game before (and i rarely get remixes of games i never played) but after a particularly crappy day a friend of mine told me to download it (this was a day or so after it was put up) and i felt my spirits reach for the skies. i'm still listening to it, and quite frankly this song is so friggin' addicting it's almost not funny. it's just so funky and frankly uplifting. i found myself whistling the intro at random moments. hell, i even got a black/death metal/goregrind/grindcore kiddie i know into this song and he ordinarily refuses to listen to anything that doesn't have brooooooooooooooootal vocals. damned good job, noppz, once again. you made me feel better on a shitty day and for that this song gets majour points from me.

:lol: This remix does an excellent job of capturing the outright goofiness of this game. I particularly like how the screams and thunder go along with the happy bouncing beat. I remember playing the game now. And how frustrating the end levels were.. And then I start screaming... :wink::)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

i like it, esp with the rain background!

i dont think its too close to the original because the sound is totally different and the 2nd part is completely new!! in the original the tune ends/loops after an ascending part with a lot of zombie laughs....and in the remix this part sounds a bit classical. i think it fits in nicely.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I probably listened this ReMix some years ago. Now I remember where I found it.

Definitively a good work. My favourite things here are the effects to do a concept so haunted: rain, thunder and screams. The instrumentation is very pleasant and the drums are too good. I played this game and I like the new arrangement on this mix. Really nice job.

Coincidence here, Protricity did a ReMix of the same game that NoppZ. But before they made a collab with this ReMix.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00924 - Zombies Ate My Neighbors "Panic of the Undead"