The FINAL FANTASY III ReMix Album - "Echoes of Eternity" - loool

zircon

Ever since the release of Voices of the Lifestream, I have received countless emails and PMs asking what game I would cover next. And consistently, among all the people that I've spoken with, the common request was an FF3 project. Yes, the timeless console RPG from over a decade ago, BEFORE the greatness that was FF7. It took months of planning, but I'm finally proud to announce that the project, Final Fantasy 3: "Echoes of Eternity", is well-underway, thanks to McVaffe who is making his triumphant return to the community by co-directing it!

Here are the ReMixers that have been recruited to tackle this AMAZING soundtrack (65 songs!!!)

* Mazedude

* Ailsean

* pixietricks

* AnotherSoundscape

* sgx

* Joshua Morse

* Children of the Monkey Machine

* djpretzel

* Sixto

* AE & PlanetSkill

* analoq

* Fishy

* zircon

* norg

* SnappleMan

* D-Lux

* Jeremy Robson

* JigginJonT

* McVaffe

* virt

* Steffan Andrews

* dimmer

* Red Tailed Fox

* Bart Klepka

* LeeBro

* binster

* Armcannon

* AmIEvil

* The Coop

* Carbunk1e

* tefnek

* bLiNd

* Rellik

* Bladiator

* OverCoat

* JAXX

* and others...

---

Definitely some old school faces in there... and while some of these folks haven't been active for years, when I emailed them about this project they were so excited about remixing FF3 that they all jumped on board. The entire soundtrack is spoken for and our final deadline is June 31st. We've arranged the project into four CDs, like VotL, and each CD has its own genre and sub-director; for example, JigginJonT is handling the "Jazz" CD and bLiNd is doing the "Trance" CD. You can expect a project release no later than mid-August - I'll be posting WIPs sometime in the near future as a teaser. In the meantime, check out the cover art djpretzel put together:

ff3proj.PNG

(Note: We are arranging tracks from the NES version, not the recent DS remake)

Feel free to leave any comments here. I'm so excited to finally be working on the one project that could possibly top Voices of the Lifestream.

ps. We will be needing mirrors, as well as advanced seeders, so please post if you can help with either of these things!

AmIEvil? Really?

Really.

The deadline will be possible because of how the discs are split up, which allows the remixers to harness the full power of working in parallel.

Speaking of which, wait until you find out what the themes of the other 2 CDs are...man, this is like Smash Bros. Dojo JAPAN TIME all over again!

Really.

The deadline will be possible because of how the discs are split up, which allows the remixers to harness the full power of working in parallel.

Speaking of which, wait until you find out what the themes of the other 2 CDs are...man, this is like Smash Bros. Dojo JAPAN TIME all over again!

Plus zircon has been hoarding wips and driving everyone like slaves (much like pixietricks cracks the whip on him). The project has been in the works for a while, I'm just pissed that he one upped me on the epic list of remixers :-x

Wow...just wow. I'm not a big fan of anything FF under 7, but I'll just have to go check out the soundtrack myself and develop some love, 'cause I love all things OC project. Seein' some serious hate here, though...none of my business of course, but it's still surprising. Can't wait to see the final product!

edit: Can't believe I didn't mention this first time around...HOLYPHUCK McVaffe is comin' back?? If only for this project, I say 'Woo-Fucking-Hoo!'

People are making a big deal about not being able to submit a remix for this album. It isn't that big a deal, there will be other albums in the future, and you can always remix specific songs from the game yourself o.O