OCR00205 - Final Fantasy VI "Death on the Snowfield"

m68030

• 1 month later...

So good it almost makes me cry. Download it, right now. And if you have, do it again! It's worth it! Everything sounds so good and totally in tune, it's ear candy. All the elements mix together seamlessly, and you gotta love the electronic drum part in the middle of this so-sad-its-alomst-suicidal" orchestral mix. Its my favorite song on the whole damn webite. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I was kind of leery of this tune because I'd heard Uematsu himself remix Terra's Theme on Final Fantasy Pray (Toki no Hourousha) and didn't think it could possibly be done better.

Well, this may not be better, but it's just as good in a different way. To successfully remix, you must understand the piece, and AmIEvil certainly understands Terra's Theme - it's sad, it's lonely, it's tragic. The techno beat in the middle is not overdone, and serves simply to drive the point home. Excellent remix.

BadmanX

"You've served your purpose. You may die now."

- Liquid Snake, "Metal Gear Solid"

The Dark Box - http://darkbox.pentagod.com

Okay, first of I'll respond to Woffester's post by saying that his spelling is more logical than the traditional spelling of "estrangement." Second, you got my point perfectly EmptyMy, AmiEvil is Swedish just like me. Well, not exactly like me since I can with equal validity claim to be Swedish or American based on lineage and where I've spent my life but you get the point :-)

First off, I love this track! Just like I love all the other remixes by AmIEvil!

AmIEvil is quickly becoming one of my favorite mixers on OCR. :D

But there's this one part in the track that drives me nuts: At around 2'22, the song breaks off from the melody and I swear, it reminds me of a track from Skies of Arcadia everytime!

I can't remember the song's title, or where I heard it, but I want to say it sounds like Ramirez's theme. Anyone who's played this awesome RPG knows what I'm talking about. Maybe you can think of the name of the BGM it reminds you of?

The sounds from AmIEvil come out as a creepy sort of mix from my all-time favorite final fantasy song, the snowfield song from the beggining of Final fantasy 6 (its theme).

The very very soft mix played in piano and accoustics come out as one of the most amazing tracks, and most unexpected ones too. This music would fit well if Final fantasy was a resident evil type of game, but on its own, it stands up to a lot, its got some neat sounds, and some of the purest sounds you can find in music.

AmIEvil deserves a lot of honor for this song, because it relives one of the best songs in a completely different genre.

• 5 weeks later...

When I first bought FF3 for the SNES and saw the intro, it became one of my most favorite FF tracks ever. That being said, it would be hard to top it in a ReMix, but for AmIEviL, that is easy. This ReMix is awesome!! I can actually invision Terra, Biggs, and Wedge walking toward Narshe. It has a quiet and warm feel to it, but you can also feel in this track, and that's what seperates beginners from Masters. :D

5/5

• 2 weeks later...

This remix is the kind of music you turn on when you're unable to sleep. It's dreamy, warm, soothing, and it takes you away. One of the best remixes around in my book... I can listen to it for hours.

I actually found the intro first, as the preview music for Final Fighting Fantasy, and have searched desperately for the whole song. And the rest is just as beautiful as the intense, clear piano in the beginning.

I love this piece of work.

• 3 weeks later...

All those who stand before 'Death on the Snowfield' shall perish in it's wake. Hands down the best remix on the site, and that's not just the drugs talking. It has a beautiful acoustic part to start it off, with a background piano part, then it comes in with a... hmm, what is that? kind of sounds like a flute. Not sure, but it's cool. It's all good. Get it. Right now. Haven't gotten it yet? WHY ARE YOU STILL READING!? GET IT RIGHT NOW! 10 out of 10!!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

When I was home for a vacation, I started downloading music on my mother's computer and I played this for her. "What's that?" she said. "It's the theme for a video game I like, rearranged." "Wow," said she, "I didn't know the music in games was that good now."

It was then I remembered her last experience with video games had probably been playing Pac-Man against me, which has about 6-8 seconds of music at the beginning when you hit one player or two player, and that's about it. So I looked at her and smiled, and said "Yes they are." Maybe she didn't realize what was so special about this song was the way AmIEvil arranged it, but for that moment it didn't matter. I was happy that this song set the standard. In that single moment my mom went from Pac-Man to Final Fantasy, and AmIEvil was there. The highest compliment I can pay this song is simply this - there's no better way to reintroduce my mother to video games than this.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00205 - Final Fantasy VI "Death on the Snowfield"