Motherboard Speaker and POST troubles

Bobwillis

Anyone know where I can buy one of those 4-pin speakers for my motherboard? My case didn't come with one, and neither did my mobo.

Needless to say it was difficult isolating the problem that was causing my setup not to POST. mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA 790FX - DQ6, which is compatible with Phenom Chips, but not until you update the BIOS to the 4th version.

I want to avoid having such a difficult time troubleshooting in the future when it's such a simple problem.

This is especially true now that even though my pc has been working fine for a few weeks, it has decided to halt during the PCI device listing at the ACPI Controller (a problem which originated when I tried to put a 3870 and a 3870 x2 in crossfire). I've been working on it for a while now to no avail. (reset CMOS and BIOS, swapped RAM/HD/Vid Cards)

I'm starting to think it's my Power supply, (Gigabyte odin 800W) or my mobo.

here's a vid as to what is going on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDGM9ZTBBAE

Thanks for any help you can provide.

(also, my mobo offers no way of turning ACPI off as far as I can tell.)

I may just be SOL. :-P

It sounds to me like you're looking for one of the speakers in this set, but unfortunately it's out of stock...

http://www.xoxide.com/hspc-atx-control-kit.html

You can usually just pull one out of any other case, so if you see an old broken computer on the side of the road then just yank one out... or if you have another computer you can borrow it from, do that...

Does your computer still do this when trying to boot from any other device (i.e. a Windows setup disk, Bart PE or Knoppix CD)?