OCR00206 - Final Fantasy VI "Terra in Black"

m68030

Final Fantasy VI 'Terra in Black'

Wonderful guitar work and arrangement here. Definitely a top notch remix.

The quality of the sound and arrangement is great. It's a shame I just

don't like this remix, because if I couldn't get over the dirty feeling it gives

me I'd probably really really like it... but after hearing Death on the Snow

Field, this version of the theme just kinda feels wrong to me. But it's

such high caliber composition I'm torn. This is the kind of file you download

just to have on your hard drive and share, even if you don't like it.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I'm not a good commenter, I really know absolutely nothing about remixing, but I do know that I'm in love with this one. This is not only my favorite game song ever but it is done so wonderfully. I LOVE the way this was done. I play it every morning, really. It's amazing.

I like this song a lot. One of my favorite remixes on the site. Anyways, just wanted to add my $.02 on how great I think this remix is. :)

Same here... it's still THE best remix of the song... either this or Death on the snowfield, depends if you like the guitar or not.

an awesome take on an already awesome track. this is easily one of the best remixes on the site, just for the quality of the sound and all the work put into it. my only complaint is the trumpet (? i tihnk it was a trumpet, but its its not somebody please tell me) right beofre the kick ass guitar starts sounds a little bad. :D don't mind my nit picking, its a great track

I like this one a lot, however I wouldn't say, "One of the best on the site." I dunno why, it's just not as good to me. I think the intro is really the part I don't like. It just sounds so... ugh. However, that is not to say that you shouldn't download it. I definitely would (and obviously already have). Something about it just doesn't seem right to me... I think the nicest part is when the lead is going and you have that weird instrument of which I don't know the name in the background. It just fits so well. 4/5 stars.

This is definately one of my most favorite of all time. When this first came out I was just blown away because at that time there was no game music as great as what Ailsean did. Truely one of the cornerstone masterpieces of all game music remixes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ailsean comes in with another beautifull arrangement at psychedelic guitars and amazing arangements of music. I dont know where he gets the inspiration, but he deserves a medal for it..

The song is overall long enough and still makes you come back for more when you're done listening to it, it still clings to the same mood of the original song, and gives it, as said, a psychedelic touch with the competely well mastered guitars.

The best Final Fantasy 6 mix so far, in great competition with Death on the Snowfield.

• 1 month later...

And that's a good thing... A VERY GOOD THING.

The only thing that could make this song any better is if Yngwie Malmsteen did a guitar solo on it. I would wet myself right then and there. Yeah! Rah!! Oh yeah... get rid of the lame "Young and the Restless" intro WTF?!?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know almost nothing about remixing, i barely know how to speak a decent english, but this song has rip off my tears (because is a very good song) my rates is 9.5 for this piece of art, (the missing 0.5 is for the trumpet, is good, but a real one could sound much better)

• 2 weeks later...
get rid of the lame "Young and the Restless" intro WTF?!?

I don't think so the intro is lame at all :? ....I think the intro is what makes this song beautiful...it's so nice makes you think as there was this girl locked in a dark tower waiting for a hero to come rescue her...I think the a remix with sounds just as the intro had would make a very nice remix....the creator of this song should make an Ayla's Theme from chrono trigger as a reminisance type of song that alisean used for the intro of this song... :wink:

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00206 - Final Fantasy VI "Terra in Black"