The Most Annoying Song Ever (Scientifically)

chumble spuzz

A new genre is born?

http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/04/a-scientific-at.html

edit: maybe a quote from the page would be nice.

"An online poll conducted in the '90s set Vitaly Komar, Alex Melamid and David Soldier on a quest to create the most annoying song ever. After gathering data about people's least favorite music and lyrical subjects, they did the unthinkable: they combined them into a single monstrosity, specifically engineered to sound as unpleasant to the maximum percentage of listeners."

This is almost phenomenal. How do you mix all of these annoying jingles and instruments?

"Wal-Mart jingles, cowboy music, political jingoism, George Stephanopoulos, Coca Cola, bossanova synths, banjo ferocity, harp glissandos, oompah-ing tubas much more."

I don't know if I should laugh or be amazed by it. This is quite funny.

The kids shouting those remarks was hysterical. Opera rapping? Hahaahahahah.

I'm bookmarking this.

I was far more bored than annoyed, to be honest...

Then again, I've spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocaine powder...

This ended up true for me as well.

I guess people like the judges would have built up an immunity to it. iffn ya knows what I means

at my office, we had a pool going to see who could last the longest.

I dropped out after the first appearance for the bagpipes.

One of the other graphic designers made it all the way but can't stop giggling maniacally, even an hour later. We might have broken him. :/

I made it through the whole thing, and I cried tears of laughter. Children screaming about Yom Kippur and Wal Mart is apparently hilarious to me.

Then again, I do have Banjo-Kazooie music in my iTunes...

It sounds better than 90% of what I hear on the radio these days

True. There use to be a time when I listened to the radio, those days are all gone.

I mean unless you have satellite radio, sometimes even the stuff they play sucks.

Now this is irony how can "The Most Annoying Song Ever" be better than radio air-play, but than again it's really not annoying to me. It's just down-right hilarious.