*NO* Revenge of Shinobi 'Love Changes'

djpretzel

You've taken a one minute long track and beefed up the instrumentation with believable samples, repeated the intro with the original's drum loop, and prolonged the key melody. Technically, it's strong, but arrangement-wise, it's weak. There is no original sequencing here, just selective use of the original's layers. Outside of the cymbal, the instrumentation is the same, the progression is the same, and the notes are the same.

I've slipped before and passed a similar case, but I should have said then what I'm saying now: this is a good start, but show us how you can remix, not remake.

NO

This is a lovely arrangement (though a bit long), but upon reading Binnie's comments, I think I should take a listen at the original.

Ahhhh, I love Zophar's Domain. Okay, back to the song. No. I agree with Binnie that although it's a lovely remake, it's just that. A remake. At least change the drumline, and cut it down by about a minute, minute and a half. Sprinkle with a little bit of improv and maybe couple with some layer transitions and stuff. You've got a recipe for an OCREMIX. Your basic template is on par, though. Just spice it up for us.

And cut the length a bit.

The main problem was already pointed out several times, there's almost no liberties taken with the source material and it's too long/boring.

You know what would be cool at around 2:10 when the main melody comes back in? A retardando and then a key change. actually just about anything you could add to this would make it more interesting. And that abrupt ending is rather inappropriate for this style. couldn't you have at least held the chord and faded out?

no