OCR00957 - *YES* Final Fantasy 6 'Dancing Madly (Second Form)' *FT*

Digital Coma

Hello, just thought I'd put a nudge in for my Dancing Madly - Second Form piece that was submitted around November 13. It can still be found at and I did receive a submission confirmation e-mail.

Thanks in advance! I don't want to be a pest, but I have PM'ed 2 other judges, one in December and one in February, and have yet to receive any response at all. I'm sure you guys are swamped but I'd just like to know if there is a chance this piece could still be considered without having to resubmit. =)

-waxingeloquent

The filtering on the intro-ing leads straight away tell me this is going to be mildly deranged, after which enters a snappy drumline and omnipresent panned effects. Things slow down at 1:41 and serve as a respite from all the, uh, mad dancin'. The militaristic brassy instrumentation, invigorated from the original, lends a dose of aural psychosis, which turns explicit with the transition at 2:43. A good deal of the mix is sequenced similarly to the original, the leads are not too varied, and the melody sounds drowned out at times, but the sonic qualities of this mix and the slight but recognizable improvisation cumulatively contribute to the off-the-wall nature of Kefka's theme, yielding a clever rearrangement and a developed feel.

YES

Yes. :nicework: I really don't have too much to say on this piece. It's a bit repetitive, but not enough to kill it. I've been looping it for about 12 minutes or so and I'm not sick of it, so that's a good sign! :roll: Overall, the mix is well put together. The ending was kinda drab, but *shrugs*. Like I said, on the whole this is good.

I think this is OC material, like it or lump it. Posties!