*NO* Mega Man 2 'Quickman'

djpretzel

HTTP Space only, email attachment sub, file Mike Vonderbecke - Megaman 2 - Quickman Mix3.mp3 - djp

I am sending in a Remix I did on the Megaman 2, Quickman theme. It's not my first Remix nor my last, but it is my favorite that I've done. This is my first submission to overclocked. My remix name is just "Vonderbecke" and my email is tentimes2@yahoo.com (The email I'm sending this from isn't the one I normally use). Thanks for the great website.

Mike

Hmmmmm...

There are many issues with the mixing here. The piano hasn't got enough reverb on it and is too loud IMO compared to the drums, which are way in the background and have too much room reverb. Because of this, the instruments do not gel together at all, and the mix is empty and sounds unfinished.

In addition, the tempo changes and instrument drop outs are less than graceful.

NO

This does not sound finished at all.

I'm gonna be so bold as to cry foul here: This sounds like a midi rip. And to reitterate my general rule about these things: If its totally note for note like this, then its *POSSIBLE* that its not a nsf rip, BUT, why would anyone spend so much effort doing it note for note? Furthermore, there is no improvement in a note-for-note mix, thus it is against the beliefs of this website.

Sure theres a bit of new stuff here, but almost none. Its just not a remix.

NO

Beat is annoying. Really.

And yeah, it's pretty much note for note. Oh well, there's this section at about 2:00 that sounds a little original, but then again, the samples used are so dry and empty feeling that it pretty much ruins it. Oh, that and the fake ending. Plus, I could be wrong, but that trumpet goes flat on every note.

NO

D