*NO* Perfect Dark 'James Nightclub'

djpretzel

The arrangement sounds pretty nice to me, although the transitions are a bit rough in that they don't easily slide together. The sounds aren't that bad, I guess. Some of them sound pretty sound-module-esque (especially the distorted guitars, yeesh). The brass and strings instruments and such are pretty nice. The drums aren't too bad, either, although they're EQed pretty thin, and the toms sound rather GM-ish.

A tad bit too much reverb on everything, too. I mean, there isn't a sound in this that isn't verbed...

It also starts to feel as though it's dragging on once it gets to about the four minute mark.

NO

Some sounds in this are good, and others... not so good. Percussion sounds a bit weak.

This might sound strange, but it seems that most of the sounds are thin, and were just relying on the reverb to fatten them up. This results in a thin, wishy-washy kind of sound.

This really does drag on after a while. Then suddenly, at 4.22, it speeds up, and some messed up 007 theme comes in - it sounded well off to my ears.

NO

I don't understand the flow of this mix too well. It seems to be a lot of minimalistic expression, but not too much of a song.

Poor drums and some note conflicts.

But lets see...

The transitions aren't too well done either.

Seemed too thin and not very well thought out. Basically no ending.

I liked the middle section though.

NO

ok

NO

Annoying clashing samples. (i.e. they don't blend well together at all) And that bond part is just ... awful. Really off key. I'm not a big fan of the constant canned reverb sound that goes on. Samples are dry enough as it is, but the tinny reverb is almost worse. ALMOST.

Anyway, it might have been acceptable if there had been real guitar instead. That might have made up for the absolute bore that the rest of the song created.

D