OCR Cribs (the "Post Pics of your Studio Area" thread!)

whiteroompx0.jpg

wish, command, etc.

pictured:

Adam A7, AN1x, Micromodular, MIDISport 2x2, Onyx 1620, Echo Park, Virus C, A-Station, TR Rack, TC M300, V-Verb, DSP16+, MDX2600, MIDI Express 128, ESI4000, DX7IIFD (lowest), Juno-60 w/ MIDI retrofit (awesome awesome), JX8P, JX3P, Alpha Juno 1.

not pictured:

Roland XP30

Eminent Solina string ensemble

Eminent Solina 310

Tannoy Reveal 6D

Alesis Monitor One mk II

E-mu Xboard 49

Yamaha W5

Yamaha A4000

ocr_crib_small.jpg

Man, my FFX wall scroll looks like ass with the flash on. I don't normally keep my guitars such that they block the chair, but... well, you understand.

pictured:

Adam A7, AN1x, Micromodular, MIDISport 2x2, Onyx 1620, Echo Park, Virus C, A-Station, TR Rack, TC M300, V-Verb, DSP16+, MDX2600, MIDI Express 128, ESI4000, DX7IIFD (lowest), Juno-60 w/ MIDI retrofit (awesome awesome), JX8P, JX3P, Alpha Juno 1.

not pictured:

Roland XP30

Eminent Solina 310

Tannoy Reveal 6D

Alesis Monitor One mk II

E-mu Xboard 49

Yamaha W5

Yamaha A4000

Holy hell, dude.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=112574&l=66043&id=684275108

My studio, though the Virus was only temporary as it was just kinda too much money for me to spend at the time ($2000) so I got rid of it. That said, I did buy a kick mic and another overhead so I'll be able to track drums once I fix my mixer/get a new one (its emitting a ton of noise now).

Wow, you have a lot more equipment than I imagined. And you got the Virus! I envy that. Are you producing more than DJing I suppose? I took the DJ route more...most of my new toys are based on that.

2008djsetup2mr3.jpg

2008djsetup1nz8.jpg

Like I mentioned before I'm more DJ oriented but there's a MC-505 for some 90's style inspiration.

Not pictured here: a Lexicon Alpha audio interface which I just got last week.

I will update this picture when I get a hold of a camera again.

Wow, you have a lot more equipment than I imagined. And you got the Virus! I envy that. Are you producing more than DJing I suppose? I took the DJ route more...most of my new toys are based on that.

I actually got rid of the Virus about a week after I got it, just because I didn't feel it was good enough to justify spending $2G on it (that said, I will probably try finding a second-hand C or B). But yeah, I'm mainly aiming more at producing at the moment. I've actually started building up a vinyl collection anyway despite my lack of DJ equipment just because I really want to get back into it again. I do download tracks from Beatport though and make mixes in Ableton (actually thats whats going on in the window below this).

pictured:

not pictured:

Roland XP30

Eminent Solina 310

Tannoy Reveal 6D

Alesis Monitor One mk II

E-mu Xboard 49

Yamaha W5

Yamaha A4000

Absolutely beastly, I love those classic Roland synthesizers you have.

Heres a few pics of my scrubby pad where the creative process takes place.

picture002oi0.jpg

picture004kv7.jpg

picture007zo1.jpg

picture009ag9.jpg

List of Stuff

Peavey 4 Channel Mixer

JVC 8 Channel Mixer

Wharfdale Diamond 8.2 Monitors

M-Audio Fast track

Computer....With lots of hardware

Traynor Crap Amp

Shure SM57

B.L.U.E. Ball Mic

Behringer C1 Mic

M-Audio Prokeys 88

Epiphone LP-100

Gibson SG

Epihpone Bass

Hammond L100 :)

Mini-Accordion

Olds Trumpet

Ukulele

Id just like a dedicated computer and a desk really...

I used to have this setup (mid-late '07), but its changed a bit now; basically get rid of the piano, put the audio card and all the midi controllers in a box in the back of a cupboard, discard the speakers and you got my current setup (a laptop) :P

Setup1.JPG

Finally I can show you my unibomber-like closet studio... This sad, sad area is where the magic happens... and where people are killed.

n19218130_35989837_5783.jpg

In blur-o-vision. This looks a lot less cramped than it is. There's also a bunch of old clothes and christmas stuff perched precariously on the shelves above there.

n19218130_35989838_6102.jpg

This is also in blur-o-vision. Here's where all of the software sleeps. All of that is worth more than all of my hardware combined. YAY!

n19218130_35989839_6355.jpg

I use Ableton Live 7 with a bunch of plug-ins. Oh, and I use the midnight setting. Looks dope-moneys. Too bad you can't see it in this pic

n19218130_35989840_6620.jpg

The one pic I use flash on. My set-up in better light. With my sexy BX8s propped up on books.