OCR Cribs (the "Post Pics of your Studio Area" thread!)

Why so many inputs and outputs for such a small room? Could be real useful if you decide to do any drum mic stuff I guess. Seems like overkill for general production though.

I made a mistake, it's an 18i8.

I'm future proofing. Also, I have more stuff than just my mic and piano, it's at parent's home. I didn't count it in the list because it's not really essential, but I do have it. Also, most of the ins are only available through buying an additional extension, so the actual ins I have available are closer to the amount of gear I have.

I made a mistake, it's an 18i8.

I'm future proofing. Also, I have more stuff than just my mic and piano, it's at parent's home. I didn't count it in the list because it's not really essential, but I do have it. Also, most of the ins are only available through buying an additional extension, so the actual ins I have available are closer to the amount of gear I have.

Sometimes having a lot of inputs is nice when you have a lot of gear. That way you can keep various things plugged in at the same time and just get working when the mood strikes you. I have a total of 9 input channels right now and a chunk of those are taken up by outboard synths. I actually used to have more i/o but I got ride of an 8 channel strip of preamps (light pipe) that I didn't really need.

At least you're not a victim of gear lust. That's super dumb that you have to pay to get more i/o out of a peice of pricey gear neblix. In app purchases for gear I guess haha

Well, it's not really the same. It's a port designed to hold that kind of bandwidth, so the total input capability isn't listed dishonestly.

In order to actually use that port, though, I need to have a device that connects to it like that, and they just happen to sell such multi-in rack devices. It's kinda like saying "That sucks that you have to buy another graphics card to SLI them". Well... yes, but if that's what you want, the capability is there.

Well, it's not really the same. It's a port designed to hold that kind of bandwidth, so the total input capability isn't listed dishonestly.

In order to actually use that port, though, I need to have a device that connects to it like that, and they just happen to sell such multi-in rack devices. It's kinda like saying "That sucks that you have to buy another graphics card to SLI them". Well... yes, but if that's what you want, the capability is there.

As long as it's economical to have to tack on more cash to an interface that's already pricey

As long as it's economical to have to tack on more cash to an interface that's already pricey

It's actually fairly typical with a lot of interfaces. I have a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 which has a total of 18 input channels. 10 of those channels are digital and require a separate piece of gear to use. 8 via ADAT and 2 via S/PDIF. These digital inputs are very common on a lot of interfaces including the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. Right now I'm using the S/PDIF input for my ART Voice Channel.

Most of my studio:

evk_studio.jpg

Floor not pictured. We do have a little corner for music in the works though. And I confess I also have another pair of headphones.

How in the

Apparently my studio isn't so small anymore 8O

StudioPicSmallSize.jpg

And a cool view of my minimalistic keyboard

KORGMicroKeyNormalSize.jpg

Computer & DAW

• Windows 7 Pro 64-bit (2.20GHz, 6GB RAM)
  • 1TB HDD
  • Image-Line FL Studio 11

Hardware

• KORG Microkey 37-key MIDI Keyboard
  • Pyle PTA2 Mini 2x40W Stereo Power Amplifier

Software/Samples

• Various drum samples and free soundfonts
  • u-he Zebra + Filterscape + Uhbik
  • 4Front TruePianos
  • Spectrasonics Trilian
  • New Sonic Arts Granite
  • Native Instruments Kontakt + Guitar Rig + Massive + FM8
  • EastWest Quantum Leap Ra + Symphonic Orchestra Gold
  • Audiobro LA Scoring Strings
  • Impact Soundworks Shreddage II Complete, Resonance: Emotional Mallets, Cinematic Synthetic Drums, Juggernaut, Curio: Cinematic Toy Piano, Groove Bias Drums, Celestia: Heavenly Sound Design
  • Heavyocity Damage
  • Gospel Musicians Neo-Soul Keys
  • Orange Tree Samples Evolution Electric Guitar & Acoustic Guitar
  • Crypto Cipher Tarangs & Voices Of Ragas Vol 2

I also have two pairs of headphones, but only one is pictured (Grados SR-60 on the left)

Edited by timaeus222

• 4 months later...
How in the

Apparently my studio isn't so small anymore 8O

StudioPicSmallSize.jpg

And a cool view of my minimalistic keyboard

KORGMicroKeyNormalSize.jpg

Computer & DAW

• Windows 7 Pro 64-bit (2.20GHz, 6GB RAM)
  • 1TB HDD
  • Image-Line FL Studio 11

Hardware

• KORG Microkey 37-key MIDI Keyboard
  • Pyle PTA2 Mini 2x40W Stereo Power Amplifier

Software/Samples

• Various drum samples and free soundfonts
  • u-he Zebra + Filterscape + Uhbik
  • 4Front TruePianos
  • Spectrasonics Trilian
  • New Sonic Arts Granite
  • Native Instruments Kontakt + Guitar Rig + Massive + FM8
  • EastWest Quantum Leap Ra + Symphonic Orchestra Gold
  • Audiobro LA Scoring Strings
  • Impact Soundworks Shreddage II Complete, Resonance: Emotional Mallets, Cinematic Synthetic Drums, Juggernaut, Curio: Cinematic Toy Piano, Groove Bias Drums, Celestia: Heavenly Sound Design
  • Heavyocity Damage
  • Gospel Musicians Neo-Soul Keys
  • Orange Tree Samples Evolution Electric Guitar & Acoustic Guitar
  • Crypto Cipher Tarangs & Voices Of Ragas Vol 2

I also have two pairs of headphones, but only one is pictured (Grados SR-60 on the left)

Here I always imagined you as one of those guys with the giant-ass control rooms :<

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...