OCR01732 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Mamacitas in My Valley"

djpretzel

Hmmm...

Overall, I enjoyed it, but the percussion that enters in at 00:17 was a little arupt and could've been done with a better introduction, and could be done with toning down abit...

But apart from that the mix was very enjoyable, and a great choice of instruments :-P

This is so not my genre. But with stuff like this, it's not just tolerable, it's enjoyable. Could be my favourite remix of this source (sorry djp and others). Wide variety of sounds used, which prevents it from being repetitive despite being an often remixed source. My only complaint is the somewhat abrupt ending, but it's a lonely issue on its side of the scale.

Completely irrelevant: I seem to get news of new tracks from the reviews subforum more often than fropm the ocr front page. A djp post on ther reviews forum usually means new remix.

Oh look, another Gerudo Valley remix...hey wait a second.

This was actually very nicely done and while I am a little disappointed that it's Gerudo Valley again, I can set that aside to share some enjoyment of a rather well-constructed rendition of a classic theme.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a ghost to chase...

Sorry, but I don't think helps Frank much..."at times" is rather vague. Perhaps you could tell him specifically where you thought the arrangement felt empty.

The last minute was what I was thinking in particular. When things dropped out at 3:30, it felt a little too empty compared to the rest of the song. Though now that I've listened to the song a few times, I think it works as a contrast to the fatttt part.

I really love this mix. I mean it. And I generally snub this genre.

Some might say that the Gerudo Vally is overdone, but really, you have to admit it's just about the catchiest OoT tune in the game, so that really doesn't bother me. Sure, it makes the competition a bit heavier, but this one definitely makes the cut.

My complaint is the ending. A mix this solid deserves a nice strong ending to bring it closure, and how this one ends... to me, it doesn't end. It just STOPS. It kinda feels like going on a cruise, but instead of getting off at port they just dump you off in the middle of the ocean. It's my one gripe about this mix, and as excellent as the rest of it is, the end is just so...

I could go on with outrageous analogies rife with hyperbole, but I'll just leave it as, "I don't like it." Other than that, the blend of a traditional Mexican trumpet and guitar, classical piano, and modern synthed elements are subtly blended together like flavors of a good cup of coffee. Muy bien.

It's a rough ride transition-wise up until the rhodes. (The phat beat until this point is a bit loud.) But mostly smooth sailing from there.

The middle dipping back down to reference the opening seems just a little empty. It's that way with the ending a little, as well (also seeming to reference the opening).

Great mix! Love your groove, that beat's got a pocket a mile wide :D

Only complaint was the ending--I actually thought that my audio was buffering or something, until it began to take too long and i realized it was over lol. I can see the reasons for doing that, but perhaps a little more clarity in the cutoff would prevent future confusion.

Aside from that, fantastic! I will definitely fap to this.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job, DiggiDis/Frank! Gerudo Valley never gets old, and this remix does not disrupt the flow of Gerudo goodness on OCR. :-o

Some might say Gerudo Valley is overly remixed, but I say it's because it's probably the best soundtrack to remix from OoT. It's just so addictive and awesome. Though if there's going to be anymore Gerudo Valley on OCR, it is going to have to top this mix.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01732 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Mamacitas in My Valley"