anyone know of good orchestral or symphony remixes?

CursedByFire

i have an english project due and i have to write some kind of poem or story to music. its called a mood piece and just wanted to know of some really good pieces on here. Thanks!

Obvious mention goes to:

Wild Arms - A Symphonic Tale, performed by the University of Manitoba Orchestra

Another (two) of my favorites are:

Metal Gear Solid - Legend of the Snake 2: Snake versus Dragon &

Metal Gear Solid - Legend of the Snake

Then of course, there's the Chrono Symphonic and Kong in Concert albums. KF

There's a general bias against orchestral mixes here. Sorry. You're outta luck.

Aside from the adaptation for a piece of game music to orchestra, I think the "bias" against such arrangements is actually... *ahem* orchestrating an orchestra of an adequate level of performance to pass judge standards rather than any kind of genre bias on the judges' parts.

Apologies in advance for the long-ish post.

Haven't heard the new Wild Arms mix yet, but that's a given good mix.

Jeremy Robson and Russell Cox seem to specialize in orchestral mixes.

Others I've accumulated:

Chrono Trigger: Spekkio the Brave

Final Fantasy 6: A Nightmare Before Kefka

Final Fantasy 6: Cantata for Dancing (either one)

Final Fantasy 6: Locke's Theme for Brass Quintet

Super Mario World: Ghost

and, of course, http://chrono.ocremix.org/ Chrono Symhonic.

What, they're not good?:tomatoface:

I won't dwell into the discussion regarding the quality of the material you've linked to. However, linking to your own material in this thread is particularly boastful, given that you're the only one doing it.

Here's a thought: if you're as good as you think you are, have some tact and wait for someone else to link to your arrangements. Stop acting as if all the knob-polishing in the review threads isn't enough to feed your ego...

Regarding the thread topic:

I also second Vampire Hunter Dan. You may want to check out Jared Hudson and Dale North as well.

Hahahahaha! Wow, seriously who links to their own shit in threads like this. Pretentious much?

Anyway before a mod gets ahold of this, check out Vampire Hunter Dan... if you're looking outside of OCR, something particularly good is ActRaiser Symphonic.

... hahaha fuck that's hilarious.

Wow, what's your problem? :?

And why would any mod have a problem with you linking remixes outside of OCR?

I won't dwell into the discussion regarding the quality of the material you've linked to. However, linking to your own material in this thread is particularly boastful, given that you're the only one doing it. Here's a thought: if you're as good as you think you are, have some tact and wait for someone else to link to your arrangements. Stop acting as if all the knob-polishing in the review threads isn't enough to feed your ego...

Sorry, what ego? I don't brag about my stuff anywhere, and I hardly ever plug my own music. I also get plenty of reviews from people who don't like my music, and I take those in stride, only asking for clarification, never retraction.

The guy asked for some orchestral remixes and the first ones that sprung to my mind were the ones I made that are posted on this site. Did I say, "These are the best ones?" No. I just posted links.

I'm getting pretty tired of people claiming I have some kind of big ego, especially when it comes to my music. I don't. I let the music speak for itself.

Sorry, what ego? I don't brag about my stuff anywhere, and I hardly ever plug my own music.

Dude, you just recommended your own material in a recommendation thread...How is that not bragging about your stuff? The fact that you did that alone justifies the fact that you have an ego, to some extent, at the very least.

The guy asked for some orchestral remixes and the first ones that sprung to my mind were the ones I made that are posted on this site. Did I say, "These are the best ones?" No. I just posted links.

Once again, it's ego justification time with my boy Drakesword. The first arrangements that sprung into your mind were your own. You didn't have to say your arrangements were the best ones, but when they're the first ones you think of, it goes without saying that you place your own arrangements above others'.

I'm getting pretty tired of people claiming I have some kind of big ego, especially when it comes to my music. I don't.

Well, if people continually claim you have an ego, did it ever occur to you that they may be doing it for a reason? Depsite what you may or may not think?

I let the music speak for itself.

You mean like this?

thanks guys so far these pieces have got me thinking. They are amazing remixes! Are there any remixes that have more strings in them such as the violin or the cello? Dale North's Northern Promise from the Radical Dreamers and syberia to the land of great mammoths are something I'm looking for. By the way i didn't mean to start a war! lol

Dude, you just recommended your own material in a recommendation thread...How is that not bragging about your stuff? The fact that you did that alone justifies the fact that you have an ego, to some extent, at the very least.

He asked for orchestral remixes. I linked mine. That's not bragging. That's answering the question.

Once again, it's ego justification time with my boy Drakesword. The first arrangements that sprung into your mind were your own. You didn't have to say your arrangements were the best ones, but when they're the first ones you think of, it goes without saying that you place your own arrangements above others'.

Obviouslythe first ones that spring to my mind are the ones I made. If someone asked you for some smooth jazz style stuff, wouldn't the first thing that sprung into your mind be your music? If somebody asked bLiNd for some trance music, don't you think that he'd at least think of his own stuff first?

I don't place my arrangements above others. My orchestral remixes pale in comparison to a lot of other stuff linked in this very thread. Does that mean I'm not allowed to mention them? No, it doesn't. That's just bullshit. The guy didn't ask for "the best ones." He asked for orchestral remixes. I made some orchestral mixes. I'm gonna link them.

Well, if people continually claim you have an ego, did it ever occur to you that they may be doing it for a reason? Depsite what you may or may not think?

Of course people do it for a reason. People think that because I'm a judge and a mod, I have a superiority complex. People claim I have an ego because they want to cut down the big-bad-judge, knock him down a peg or two. I wouldn't get half as much shit from people if I wasn't a judge or a mod, and I know that's true because after I quit a few years ago, people stopped giving me shit.

Hahah oh wow, you people. Seriously, who here would have linked to DS's stuff if he hadn't done so himself? It's perfectly normal to promote your own music, and I think anyone would be flattered if someone would offer to write an essay to their music.

Besides, didn't the smiley imply it wasn't a totally serious post? I mean, I brag tongue-in-cheek about my barely existant musical skills all the time. You should all stop acting like 13-year old girls on their period, especially about trivial stuff like this. :/

FYI, for the people that didn't catch my sarcasm, there isn't really a bias against orchestral stuff here if you ask me. If anything, it's one of the biggest genres to sort though on this site.

If you haven't checked them out yet, Jeremy Robson, Jared Hudson, Russel Cox, and Reuben Kee's orchestral stuff are all pretty awesome. Also check out Chrono Symphonic... there's some pretty good stuff on there.

I can also vouch for DarkeSword's music. They're pretty great. I've never gotten the impression he was egotistical... but frankly, with music like that, he has every right to be if he wants to.