OCR00986 - Sonic the Hedgehog "Green Hill Zone (Euroclub '95 Mix)"

5 stars! Very good mix!

15 seconds into this thing I was dancing around my room. Stylistically flawless as far as I can hear... it doesn't try to do too much, just feels the beat, throws the melody out there, and twirls a little on the side. I especially like the effect near the end with the ring-collection sound! =P Djpretzel says it's just long enough... nah, I don't think so. I'd like to hear a longer version of this track where it REALLY gets into a trance groove. I find that no matter how good the track is, it still takes a while to pull you all the way in.

Reeeally nice, but I'm liking this track just because its plain good stuff regardless of the Green Hill tune in it, more like it just gives the tune a point to be here. Green Hill Zone didn't excite me much anyway (other than its oldschool appeal), but this is a sweet and unexpected way of hearing it. (Now that Vectorman mix I lurved...)

Now, if Sega would have done Time Traveling in Sonic 1, this woulda definitely fit in it, my guess as kind of a "Bad Future" type thing? I first thought it kind of went with something to do with Eggman. Anyway, I can't describe most stuff, except for the kickin' beat that just pulls you into the groove. That, and around 02:33 I can tell that variations are starting to be used of the original ring sound (Nice! 200-*shot*) So, you will definitely like this, for the most part. I command you to, for I have the almighty pie! ...Well you don't have to look like that!

Overall: Damn good. Going on my next CD!

I COULD LISTEN TO THIS FOR HOURS UPON END <----- my quote.. quote me on that..

I quoted you, so there.

On a totally different note, I could swear I know Jonodude from somewhere else.

This song is amazing. I've listened to it as it was built in the WIP Forum. Throughout its time there, I knew it was going to be a very standout piece. I could have never known how right I was going to be. This is certainly my favorite in the long line of awesome Sonic remixes. I usually dont love the Sonic remixes, but the last few have been really good, and this one tops all of them. I rank this up there with Devil's Mask, the best Ninja Gaiden remix ever. Thank you Rayza, this is remixing perfection.

Well, to be truthful I wasn't really a big fan of techno and I'm still not. At first I thought this song would be repetitive over and over again like any song but it mixes it up once in a while and some stuff of it is good but still its not to my taste but hey! If you like it and want to d/l it fine with me. Its just my opinion on techno mixes. This song ain't so bad

First off, I'd like to congratulate Rayza on this great mix. It's about time there was a Green Hill mix on this site.

Secondly, I've really never been a fan of actual eurodance/trance music. This track, however, strays a bit, in using the Green Hill melody QUITE well (and with a key change ^_^), and the background whistly synth is kind of neat as well. The best part is the end, where the ring sound is used as harmonies.

Overall, this is a great mix that shouldn't be passed up by fans of techno/trance/eurodance, or fans of Sonic music in particular. Great stuff, Rayza. 9 out of 10. Good stuff.

• 3 months later...

I agree. spot on bit of remixing. somewhere between culture beat and sash, eurodancey with trance stylings. I love the drop at 1.45, it lets you stop dancing and just hold your hands in the air and smile at a mate...

And how could people not hear the sonic theme in there? ITS THERE! JUST THERE! (points)

Eoroclub95 as a title sort of undersells it tho, the word fusion should be in there somewhere. Maybe even Ibiza.

10/10.

O_O

I... love... this... mix!!

I remember the tune distinctly, since it was also in the GameGear version of the game (which is the only one I have), but I never imagined it being remixed like this. This is one of my favorite styles of music, and this remix is one of the best tracks in this style that I've ever heard...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00986 - Sonic the Hedgehog "Green Hill Zone (Euroclub '95 Mix)"