OCR00326 - Radical Dreamers "Older Promises"

Saunders

Radical Dreamers 'Older Promises'

Funny, on my computer this is called 'A Closer Promise,' anyways..

EXCELLENT MIX! I absolutely loved this mix. It was on my 3rd OCR CD that I burned, and I constantly listened to it over and over again. Once it was finished, I would almost always press Prev to listen to it another 2 or 3 times. Highly suggested.

Note: Some people say stuff about bad recording, clipping, I dunno what they're talking about, they're all insane. Kidding. You can tell it could have used better recording, but an awesome tune regardless!

Check it out, along with the rest of the Far Promise flood of Apr 21st. Collect the whole set!

• 6 months later...

Yes, this song DOES have really bad recording - there's some random static at certain points, but it's REALLY well done. A mellow, all-piano remix of the Far Promise song, it improvises more on the original melody than a few others, is beatifully arranged, and can be put on loop for hours on end. I'd really like to see a newer recording of this song with no fuzz. Even so, it's one of the better Far Promise mixes. Get it.

I totally agree. The sub-par recording of this piece seems to add a sort of sorrowful, edgar-allen-poeish sense. It sort of reminds me of those old black and white movies...I LOVE it, and I just think this piece would be much less effective if the recording quality was upped.

• 3 weeks later...

Perfectly perfect.. This is amazing, sounds like someone is really playing.. This is probaly one of the best OC Remixes on here! I congradulate you on making such a fine piece of music.. Its sorta late here now, and I shall be taking my rest. So I'll get a good night's rest and wake up tomorrow to some more school.. :| Anyways Bye!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Perfectly perfect.. This is amazing, sounds like someone is really playing.. This is probaly one of the best OC Remixes on here! I congradulate you on making such a fine piece of music.. Its sorta late here now, and I shall be taking my rest. So I'll get a good night's rest and wake up tomorrow to some more school.. :| Anyways Bye!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that this was actually done on a real piano, Steinway brand. It's a beautiful rendition, definitely gets 5/5 stars from me.

Steinway pianos: http://www.steinway.com/

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The recording quality was pretty bad, but the interpretation was really good, especially considering the age of the mix; I think arrangementwise, this would be passable even today, but the combination of the distortion on the louder parts and whoever was washing dishes in the background brings it down a bit.

Actually, scratch the dishes part, that can stay, but the heavy distortion near the end hurts. :-(

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This is eerily similar in concept to Radiohead's 'How I Made My Millions', which is another piano piece with subpar recording and someone doing the dishes in the background. I found that a little odd, especially since this mix was made well ahead of Thom Yorke's song.

But moreso, in this I get an overwhelming sense of listening to something that has been lost from the world for a century; like a masterwork of a composer who died unappreciated. Unintentional or not, the disregard for recording quality makes this piece quite special, and speaks to me on a lot of levels.

This is one of the best arrangements around, if you ask me, and the roughage that is supplied by the production quality actually goes down smooth as well. Perfectly imperfect, and something we aren't likely to see ever again to this magnitude. Which is probably just as well. As a one off, this achieves so much.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00326 - Radical Dreamers "Older Promises"