Things That Piss You Off When Recording

TheSnowStorm

We all have a few pet peeves when it comes down to recording our music live. What are some of yours.

My one pet peeve when recording is my family. Since I'm not . . . blessed with a free enclosed space to record myself or any privaicy, I tend to get interuppted while I record. I record in my living room, which is near the staircase so any footsteps the family makes while walking up or down the stairs can be recorded and I have to start over.

ok ya seriously if you made threads that were good i wouldnt say stop making threads but theyre pretty much all dumb so just stop

and heres atmuh attacking helpless noobs again. its okay, we all need a self esteem boost sometime. granted, tis thread would have drawn less hate if it was in off topic.

For me its the squeaky piano bench that makes it sound like Im fangling a cats balls on when I play back. Also the sustain pedal is squeaky, which reduces any recording of mine to shit that wasnt here already.

THIS THREAD IS SILLY!

Also, I hate it when I'm interrupted, and also the noise from the fans in my recording area. I record at my desktop, and unfortunately, turning off my fans makes the room blazing hot.

Anyways...this is a rather boring thread. So someone spice it up and get that title changed.

You can't make fun of atmuh's writing. He's not from an English-speaking country, he's had a hard time coping with the stroke he had a few years ago, and there's that mangled left hand of his that we're supposed to avoid bringing up.

So cut atmuh some slack, god damn it. Are you picking on a guy because of his physical, medical and geographical limitations? Are you?

That's just rasict. And languagist. And injuryist.

Rasict, languagist, injuryist assholes, all of you.

You can't make fun of atmuh's writing. He's not from an English-speaking country, he's had a hard time coping with the stroke he had a few years ago, and there's that mangled left hand of his that we're supposed to avoid bringing up.

So cut atmuh some slack, god damn it. Are you picking on a guy because of his physical, medical and geographical limitations? Are you?

If you're being serious, then I feel like a huge asshole... but I'm pretty sure you're not. I think my Sarcasm-Detector plugin needs updated.

Back on topic... background noise is pretty cool if you're not trying to make something sound studio quality. Though sometimes it makes the recording seem that much more... organic, maybe?

Wait, tenure? What does that have to do with anything? If you mean people are immune to getting picked on because they've been here longer and not because they don't post dumb threads, then you're very very wrong.

Shut up, n00b. Who do you think you are, anyway? Lurk more before you post. Go back to GameFAQs, k thx bye. :tomatoface:

ah hahahahahahaha

Now I'm gonna go and read all of his posts with this newfound context.

eh...

Oh, Florida tech's piano room is located adjacent to its anime club lounge, which means I have to be there before 8 am unless I want squawking otakus playing uno or whatever card game is popular these day in the background.

Anything having to do with computer bug, pisses me off a lot or stupid programs that seem to want to remind me that there is a newer version exactly at the wrong time. Guitar string breaks, drum stick breaks, my hair extremities...ah the pain. Ah and someone that comes in, or even knocks on door and says : ARE YOU RECORDING?! Yeah, actually I was, not anymore eh EH?