OCR00996 - *YES* Star Fox 'Godspeed'

djpretzel

Harro! It's the Wingless

Song title: Godspeed

Game: Starfox

System: Super Nintendo

Original composer: Unknown

This is a remix of the Corneria theme and the finale "blueprint" theme from Starfox. I chose these songs specifically because I'm graduating from college very soon, and afterwards, I'll be attending graduate school. I'm nearing the end of one journey, and starting another, and I thought it would be appropriate to pay homage to that little irony in song. Corneria marks the beginning of your adventure, the finale marks the end.

I'd like to dedicate this particular piece to all those starting or ending their little adventures. To those courageous few at the genesis or the exodus, I wish you Godspeed.

(Special thanks to Israfel, Vigilante, and Beatdrop for their help with this song)

the intro is very dramatic...

AH excellent! you fixed the transition...the song no longer drops out between the two sections.

so if i remember correctly, the question is: did you bring the piano up in the second section? YES! you did!

i still have a problem with the short string interlude at 1:29, i think the two string parts crowd each other.

This is unmistakeably a "Wingless" song, and while it isnt as 'out there' as some of his other stuff, it is immensely enjoyable and well done.

YES

Well i'm thrilled to find out that since the last time we spoke on the subject, you've managed to not completely screw up this song. :wink:

Very nice boost at 1:15.

Whoa, everything got totally messed up at 1:28. Rather ugly here.

But then it gets moving again.

Continues very nicely from then on. Piano is kinda muffled, some ugly notes happening, but it seems to me that piano is more of an effect, as such it works.

I like the transition; didn't even realise it was happening.

Nice way to end.

YES

Ah, Corneria, thy music is as sweet as wine. Not that hardcore omg leet stuff that burns the tongue, but the kind that tickles and tantalizes one's taste buds before slipping easily down the throat, like a waft of forgotten dreams...

As you can see, it warms my heart to finally be able to pass a Corneria mix, though without flying colors and 21-gun salute. There seems to be so much potential left out from the original that was not capitalized upon; I'd have loved to see a maximalist rather than a "mediumalist" electro-rock take on the theme, expanding upon each and every chord, harmony, and rhythm.

I am beginning to realize that my own irrational vision for a Corneria mix is crowding out any possible contenders, and because of this, it took repeated listenings for me to receive the full effect of the song. Technically speaking, the only real flaw that I can make out here is the muffled, mega-reverbed bass that blankets the soundscape like a dampener at a high volume; everything else is spiffy, such as doubling up on the synth lead for the initial chords, using church-bells as a break, and gating effects on the transition to the stage-clear passage.

Therefore, recognizing the ample creativity and skill that went into this medley and ignoring emotional attachment:

YES