Internet Superstar's Martin Sargent interviews djpretzel!

Liontamer

Cool interview. Fairly intelligent questions too by the interviewer, covered most of the bases. Well spoken, djp. :nicework:

...I pronounce Chrono Trigger as rhyming with "Oh no!" though.

So does everyone else, apparently... that's just never made any sense to me, because I say "chronological" with an "ahn" not an "ohhn" sound... I think it's yet another instance (see Evangelion, Pokemon) of the Japanese taking an English word, using it in a proper noun with a somewhat inaccurate pronounciation due to the way the Japanese language works, and then the English speaking world insisting on mispronouncing it the same way... which has never made much sense to me...

So does everyone else, apparently... that's just never made any sense to me, because I say "chronological" with an "ahn" not an "ohhn" sound... I think it's yet another instance (see Evangelion, Pokemon) of the Japanese taking an English word, using it in a proper noun with a somewhat inaccurate pronounciation due to the way the Japanese language works, and then the English speaking world insisting on mispronouncing it the same way... which has never made much sense to me...

i think i pronounce it that way because of the way some guy named chronos on an old cartoon (i forget which one) screamed I AM CHRONOS, MASTER OF ALL TIME