OCR01004 - Altered Beast "The Fallen's Grave"

Pretty good, Coopy ^_^

I like the feel of the piece...it gives it the ambient "creeping through a graveyard whilst kicking ass" style.

The one thing I have against this though is it sounds like a long intro...maybe like you intended to have it burst into something bigger, but it just sounds a little empty...

The piano sounds pretty good, but sometimes a little empty..though its not track-ruining...

I cant see the edits from the original, but that's not a bad thing, though, the tracks pretty amazing.

Awesome.

Like is mentioned, some of the sounds aren't top of the line, but the arrangement is magnificent and more than makes up for any faults in the piece.

Plus, it's an awesome theme from one of my fav games. If they made an Altered Beast film, this is what the score would include.

My only real question for the Coop is: Why are all your pieces so low in volume?

A MUST DOWNLOAD.

Maybe this isn't my bag of tea or something, but I thought it was pretty mediocre. (No offense Coop! :tomatoface: ) It just seems to sort of wander. I've never heard the original, and maybe that's why I can't feel the movement of the piece. I don't get any emotions out of listening either. But music isn't meant to please anyone.

I have yet to see one remix done by an actual orchestra. Otherwise this is pretty good. The reason I make this point is that it doesn't carry a weight that a real orchestra could. Though, I must say that such low-budget artists like us cannot afford to get a real orchestra or do not have the clout to get an orchestra or a choir to do such.

This is very good with the resources you got and I must say you did a great job!

• 5 months later...

Surprisingly (or not), the god of nice work is a remixer as well! Anyway, now to the song.

Very different from DJP's version of it, with a piano lead and a minimized orchestra for support. It's a piece that seems to take itself seriously, but to me it wanders a bit from its purpose (whatever that may be). Nice song, but not among my favorites.

• 1 year later...

Well, nothing needs to be said about the sound quality present- if you crave high quality samples, you ain't gonna find them in The Coop's work. Once you're past that, you'll find a well orchestrated song that is a polar opposite to "Resurrection by Breakbeat". Pity it's over a bit too soon, as the composition is good stuff.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I felt the dynamics were a bit too static, there was some good breakdown sections and such, but the instruments themselves stayed at a pretty consistent volume, and some crescendos (especially in the kettle drums) would have really kicked this one up. Otherwise it's a very regal and mood-evoking mix.

I'm not sure I agree with the mix lacking direction, as it's progression is subtle, but maybe some snares would help give it a bit more forward momentum, without ruining the mood set. Regardless, this is a really nice mix.

I guess it's appropriate to say Nice Work. :-)

• 1 year later...

I like the arrangement overall, and I like the instruments used, but overall the entire mix feels very mechanical to me, to the point where it detracts from the listening experience. The dynamics remain pretty constant, and overall it feels a bit quiet. I would have liked some nice swells at various parts to liven things up. The balancing is a little off as well; the piano stays over everything else throughout the mix and feels like it's sitting on top of the arrangement rather than with it.

The somber mood of the piece is very nice, and I like how this has a bit of a darker overtone. It has an almost medieval flair, which I'm also liking.

Good arrangement, sounds need some work.

• 4 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01004 - Altered Beast "The Fallen's Grave"