Sale/Want 3.0

prophetik music

i am looking to sell:

- my 50 watt marshall 1987x plexi mk. ii head, starting at $1450

- my 1960a marshall cab, starting at $350

the plexi is in perfect condition, and since i've only put around 10 hours on it during the four years i've had it, the tubes are in excellent shape. the cab is missing one of its four wheels so it's currently supported by a book from an obscure elective i took at virginia tech that has more value as an improvised wheel than as reading material. replacing the wheel proper with ernie ball casters is a simple, diy-able fix that will run you no more than $30, and the only reason i haven't done it myself is because i've only had to move the cab a handful of times while it's been in my collection.

in light of today's date, i should mention that this is a serious listing. message me if you're interested! if you refer someone to me who ends up taking a piece off my hands, i will give you commission (good for one person only)!

• 3 months later...

resurrecting this again. ocr needs a sale outlet. cleaned-up first post to follow.

things i have for sale:

xbox 360 slim with 20+ games, cabling, and one wireless MS controller. pristine condition for everything. games are: mass effect 1-3, riddick dark athena, force unleashed, fable 1 and 2 (1 is lost chapters for xbox),

kotor 1 (for xbox), gears 1-3, halo 1-3, ODST, anniversary, and reach, 50c: blood on the sand, red faction: guerilla, crimson skies for xbox, mirror's edge, ninja gaiden for xbox, afro samurai,

earth defense force 2017, rock band 2 with no pieces, and crackdown. my XBL account with 20+ XBL games is negotiable as well. it's only ever been paid with cards so it's easily transferred. best offer - i know i can get 200+ in gamestop credit, so i'd expect it to be up there somewhere.

2x M-00 studio monitors, with original documentation and boxes. these were 250$ per when i bought them, i'll take 350 OBO now. they're in pristine condition.

http://www.nhthifi.com/NHT-M-00-230V (230v version, mine are the standard version) <- there's the speakers

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/mar05/articles/nht.htm <-there's a review

blue NDS lite, small crack over one of the hinges, case and charger included. no stylus.

• 2 weeks later...

I no longer use my K701. They're in great condition. Selling them for $200. PM me if interested. Paypal and shipping is included for US buyers. I can ship international, but you'll have to pay the difference.

K701 are great for detail retrieval, monitoring, and mixing.

Edit: I've upgraded the headband for an additional $80. It's now $280. FYI, the stock headband is painful.

Edited by Brian

I no longer use my K701. They're in great condition. Selling them for $200. PM me if interested. Paypal and shipping is included for US buyers. I can ship international, but you'll have to pay the difference.

K701 are great for detail retrieval, monitoring, and mixing.

these are headphones by akg, right?

updated.

these are headphones by akg, right?

updated.

Yes

I'm in the process of upgrading them to the K601 headband. The bumps under the K701 headband is aggravating. Though, now that I've upgraded them, the price is no longer $200 (now $280). The upgrade wasn't cheap 8-O

Prophet, you sadistic goober, why not you put my game requests in the WANT section?

Fine, we'll try it your way.

WANT

:::PS1:::

Dragon Warrior VII

:::Wii:::

Any Wii games that feel like games from the 90s.

:::random stuff involving games:::

Sega Saturn games

Sega CD games

Atari Jaguar games

Super Famicom games

Turbografx or TG-CD games

Strategy Guides

Willing to pay REASONABLE prices for any of them. Won't ask you to take a pittance, but if you think I'm going to pay $150 for Star Ocean 2 or something, you'll have to find your sucker somewhere else. >:P

• 1 month later...
Necrobump, but I didn't know where else to ask. Does anyone on here do N64 controller repair? I need to get my thumbsticks replaced, and I swore I'd never tear open another controller after what happened last time.

What happened last time?

Also, you are probably better off buying a new reproduction controller. N64 is popular enough where there are plenty of companies making controllers now.

Why would I buy another controller that has a 99% chance of having the same problem?

And if I learned anything about N64 controllers in my day, is I don't trust anything less than the real deal. Knockoffs, in my experience, are particularly difficult for that system. A new thumbstick fixes the problem and still gives me Nintendo quality I can trust everywhere else on the controller.

Why would I buy another controller that has a 99% chance of having the same problem?

The one with the problem being third party?

And if I learned anything about N64 controllers in my day, is I don't trust anything less than the real deal. Knockoffs, in my experience, are particularly difficult for that system. A new thumbstick fixes the problem and still gives me Nintendo quality I can trust everywhere else on the controller.

If you insist I suppose, my third party controller works fine.

And if you get the joystick replaced, the replacement part will be third party too.

http://hyperkin.com/retro-gaming/nintendo-n64-game-console/n64-replacement-joystick-repairbox.html

y'see what I'm saying?

No.

But anyway, the link above for the joystick is a pretty average price. I see them on ebay floating around $10 as well.

3rd party controllers only sell for a few dollars more anyway.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Black-Long-Handle-Controller-Pad-Joystick-for-Nintendo-64-N64-System-US-Ship-/281154616933?pt=US_Video_Game_Controllers&hash=item41761efe65

So if you have had issues fixing controllers before, it may be worth the extra $2 since the replacement stick will be 3rd party anyway.

Edit: And back to the original point, what went wrong the last time you tried to fix a controller?

• 2 weeks later...

Can I get an update please, Brad?

Please replace the thing I have posted (under For Sale - Computer Music/Electronic Stuff) with this:

[ url=http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?p=930476]VSL SE Winds, HALion Sonic, many other synths and plugins, and tons of NI stuff on an account[ /url], various prices (kanthos)

(Updated to show that some of the stuff I've listed has been sold, and it links to a better URL so it's easier for people to find the description of the NI stuff), as well as listing more stuff I just put up.

Edit: And back to the original point, what went wrong the last time you tried to fix a controller?

Not really relevant to the topic, but the last I tried to fix a controller, it just fell apart in a depressing fashion and nothing I could do could put it back together. I'd always struggled with just the utmost basics of engineering since childhood due to my autism complex and I thought being a grown man I was now skilled enough to handle it, instead the end result just reinforced the inferiority. It was like, "It is confirmed, you're an idiot, and you will spend the rest of your life paying other people to do this stuff for you and then explaining to them why you're an idiot."

And here we are. :S

I'd really not try to bork another one and then force myself to buy a full replacement when I get what I actually want just replacing the stick. The rest of the control is Nintendo quality, the stick itself was not. I can just replace the stick and get the best of both.

I did, and now I keep getting asked why I can't do it myself or why I don't just buy a new controller. See the spiral here? :P

Just so we are clear...

You can't/won't fix it yourself, and you do not want a new one.

So, you are willing to ship it to someone, purchase the replacements parts, pay for the service, and pay for return shipment.

Is this all correct?

How much are you willing to pay for all this? I can probably do it if the price is right.

EDIT: Just searched around a bit. I know I can do it if you are interested.

Another Edit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-NINTENDO-N64-REPLACEMENT-THUMBSTICK-JOYSTICK-ORIGINAL-STYLE-/370862737627?pt=US_Video_Game_Controllers&hash=item56592448db

Edited by Maco70

• 3 weeks later...

I have a bunch of stuff for sale! Let's start with games. Everything is in excellent condition.

Nintendo DS Lite (Black) w/ charger

Etrian Odyssey

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

Dragon's Quest VI

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

$80 for the lot above.

Xbox 360 Arcade w/ 15gb internal hard drive

Kinect w/ sensor

2 wireless 360 controllers

360 controller wall charger

GAMES IN BOXES:

Super Street Fighter IV