OCR01023 - *YES* F-Zero X: Expansion Kit 'Beyond Lightspeed'

djpretzel

It seems that the server this file was hosted at is dead.

You can find the file here:

Later =)

Hello. =]

I just recently finished a remix and it's a live guitar version. ^_^

Since the F-Zero X: Expansion Kit was only released on the 64DD which was never released, probably no one has ever heard this song. I don't own the 64DD myself but I got the original song from a movie clip record at some Japanese site. It was very hard to make it since I could barely hear the instruments. >< too much engine noise, and the quality of the clip was so low!

Anyways, in this MP3, the only part that sounds like the original song is from 00:14 to 01:32. I composed the part after that. I did re do the lead again at 02:25, but on Jazz guitar settings. Made up some slap bass parts, and messed around with the guitar some more...

Let me warn you the part at 03:15 to 03:25 is composed in Fruity Loops, I wish I could play that fast. :P

Ok, some info:

Original Game: F-Zero X: Expansion Kit

System: 64DD

Original Title: Mute City 4, Sand Ocean 3

ReMix Title: Beyond Lightspeed

Original Composer: Taro Bando

Copyright: Nintendo

ReMix by: Tony Thai

Other useless info:

Drums, Bass, Other sounds: Made in Reason 2.0

Effects, Fast Part: Made in Fruity Loops 3.56

....hmm it sounds like everything in this song except the drums was miked from two rooms away.

the arrangement is there, and the guitar playing is pretty good too, but i cant look past the *really* bad EQ. i'd like to hear this remastered, with more low end. a re-recording would be ideal, but i know that takes time.

this is good stuff, just poorly recorded and mastered, so for now,

NO

Something about the distant sound of the guitar/drums is rather appealing

to me. I rather enjoy the layering of various elements in the guitar...

something we sadly don't see a lot of here in the guitar tracks we get.

Neat to have some music from a game and a system never available to

the general public as well...

Nothing really rubbing me too terribly the wrong way here. Sure I'd like

the guitar to be a little more meaty, but i still think it works well..

YES

Hmm... Toughie...

Up til 1:32 it's actually pretty boring, in my mind. Not very spectacular and nothing really sparks my interest until we get into the original section. Then again, at 2:25, it gets boring. And that over-spaced guitar is bugging me. This is, however, an opinion. Well, then again, what in music isn't? Well, I suppose some things aren't, but this is another debate for another time.

ANYWAY, the guitar sounds REALLY spaced, like it was recorded ... well i don't know, really. It just sounds like we're getting only some of the frequencies instead of the whole spectrum. Like we're getting it through a tin can. And it's not just a one time thing, but an effect that occurs throughout the whole song.

It seems very undermastered and condensed, soundwise. I almost wonder if a quick EQ fix in soundforge or cool edit would fix this. Let's try that. Until then,

NO

D

• 2 weeks later...

Mm... wailing guitars heard through the venue of a distinctive garage riff sound; reminds me of much of Uniracers soundtrack. The remotely-reverbed mixing job seems controversial, but I enjoy it stylistically. Arrangement is carried through well without needing an overbearing power-rock melody; instead, it's rockin' Muzak. Well-played and well-done, I say.

YES