Voice-over casting call for OCR females

supremespleen

For one of my classes, we are allowed to do a creative assignment of sorts and I love audio editing - though it would be more work than just writing a piece of fiction, I thought doing a radio drama sort of deal might be pretty cool. I'm still not 100% sure how I will write it - I may do it as a series of audio diaries, or I might string everything together as a long narrative.

If you're wondering, the setting is pretty cyberpunk. I'm doing lots of research on nanotech, computers, etc. and doing a thing on a world where people become too dependent on technology. Using a lot of predictions by guys like Ray Kurzweil and stuff as a base and then trying to expand on it. This stuff is super duper preliminary. I just want to get an idea of who sounds like what.

This is a project that will get done because it is a homework assignment :3

This is the girl 'audition' piece:

"It’s today! I’ve sent holo-mails to all my friends… sure, I haven’t met most of them, but they’re just as excited as me! I’ve seen the 3D models of my baby - I think he’ll look just like his dad’s avatar. Big, strong, I bet he’ll make a great overseer someday.

Sometimes I wish I could have been an overseer… but being around all those machines in person makes me nervous. It’s a lot of responsibility! Anyway, I think I can be a tutor in a few years. It’ll be great to be a living breathing part of a child’s development. And besides, I’ve heard sometimes tutors get to leave their bio-suits. Sometimes tutors get to touch a child… to comfort them. They say it’s rare, but it happens!"

And here's an early intro to the whole thing that I've slapped together: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=73fe793c99985f31d2db6fb9a8902bda

what were the events leading up to diologue in the audition piece? im just curious
She's pregnant. In this version of the future, all pregnancy is induced by artificial insemination - some of my research predicts that as "force feedback" technology advances people will engage less and less in the act of physical sex, and more and more digital sex. They also predict the ease of constructing digital versions of onesself for online interaction.

In the world I am constructing based off this, humans rarely have reason to venture away from a sort of "sensoridigital experience chamber" that has become future humans "PC." Because of this, she has not ever seen her husband in physical person.