OCR01770 - Super Metroid "Samus Bubblebath"

djpretzel

This is so great. The balance in the drums is perfect.

Simple bas line that carry everything. Little variations that make it last forever.

Love the smooth transition at 1.30. So small.. but it feels so big.

So great chromatic stuff after that, and then back to structure. Lovley work.

Love the 1.56 support guitar rhythms that start as well.

One thing I think you really is the master of, is slowing down back into the groove with a soo fitting melody. (3.01)

You are the man and Im your humble servant hehe. You kickass.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, this has a really New Age vibe to it all. The melody feels so woven in between the bass, and it feels so chunkily experimental while feeling so Metroid.

It vaguely reminds me of Vince Guaraldi. I really like this mix, it's so unique that I don't think one could really find anything else like it. 'Tis very well done.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I like how there aren't any fades, breaks, or volume increments to bridge the sections - the mix is all one cohesive and indefatigable globe-trotter that paves a surprisingly fresh path full of elaborate melodic tangents. I'm a fan of the mellower sections for two reasons: 1) the sexy instrumentation sounds more seductive and in character in such environments; and 2) because of the subtle moods they provoke, like a sense of urgency (1:30), rethinking one's strategy (2:26), and just lyin' back in the bubble bath (3:34). Of course, the rapid drumwork at 2:35 has a spicy punch to it that I can't turn down either.

I will also say that listening to this helped me craft my Norfair hot springs sig (shown at the time of this post). This mix, with its kinky title and erotic tone, is just as bubbly.

• 5 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01770 - Super Metroid "Samus Bubblebath"