OCR01028 - *YES* Super Metroid 'Norfair (Frailty Awaiting)'

m68030

This marks my first OCR submitted remix of 2003. Guess I've been a little

too busy, hm?

Several of you have heard at least some incarnation of this track, but

here we finally a final version. Ambient, minimal, dark, and slow.

Children of the Monkey Machine

Super Metroid

"Norfair 1 (Frailty Awaiting)"

In all honesty, as I very much do enjoy the remix, I do have a problem with it not significantly based off the original.

To be fair to others, I must give it a NO for that reason.

I'm sorry if this is surprising, but I dont want to look like a hypocrite.

Looking back.. and listening back.. I was.... quite wrong..

so,

YES

Note to Cotmm: I pmed you info about my paypal account, you can send me the 10$ whenever you want ^^.

• 2 weeks later...

Soft and distant is right. The windpipe-sounding belltone connotes a sense of agony (which would be all too real if its pitch was any higher), and balance well with the slumbering bass plus pads. The steel guitar brings in a few more chords and this all just goes to hell, and that's no put-down. Not too much in the way of variety, yet this clearly succeeds at what was envisioned with Norfair.

I don't know if it's just my speakers, but I heard some clipping at a few high notes. S'ok, goes along with the theme!

YES

I heard no clipping. At all. Very smooth stuff. This is the kind of stuff that really makes me wonder why Matt isn't already making music for the Metroid games. The textures are really creative and unique, and all the layering is super-thick. Honestly, I don't think I could see anyone OTHER than Matt remixing this song, since Norfair would be kind of tricky to do in any other style.

Good, atmospheric stuff.

YES