OCR01771 - Super Hang-On "Burn, Baby, Burn!"

djpretzel

Never heard the original, in fact I've never heard of the game either.. But when something is called "Super Hang-On" I approve it. And I also approve this remix! Excellent and oh, so nostalgic vibe. This is the kind of stuff that in my opinion really embodies the true feel of retro videogames. 80´s heavy metal with synthesizers and big landscapes.

Well executed. Thank you. I almost got a Super Hang-Over after listening to this.

When I read the write-up and djp talked about an 80s vibe, I was expecting some wonderfully cheesy synths. To be honest, when I realized that there were none, I was a little bit disappointed.

In other words, this remix surprised me, and after a few listens, I have to say in a very positive way. The wonderfully monotonous 80s beat in the background, the guitar shredding, and the breakdowns. Excellent.

Furthermore, the end really gives this song some kind of 80s-dystopian-movie feeling.

To sum it up, no cheesy synths here; instead, you get atmospheric, classy ones.

Well done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Sixto is a fantastic guitarist and all of his songs are completely awesome, but I think this one edges out the rest as my favorite. The playing is so blisteringly fast and precise, and yet so very clean that I can barely hear the pick at all. The tone of the guitar with just the right amount of reverb is impeccably pure. (Curious what gear and setup you used for this particular song.) Production values are astounding -- everything is just so crisp. The speed and texture of the sound just go so well together and lend extremely well to the notion of zipping down an airy open road.

Superb.

• 6 months later...

Never played Super Hang-On or head the music, but I doesn't matter because I don't need to listen to the original to appreciate this track for what it is.

Guitar on this is superb and clean. It's so clean you could pick your nose with it (Impossible, of course... or is it?)

Another awesome track from Sixto! make sure you get this!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01771 - Super Hang-On "Burn, Baby, Burn!"