!!! Disgustingly awesome $99 software deal !!! (still available)

zircon

Well, there's some nice tron material in SS2 which I'm appreciating. So far I love ST2, which I've spent more time with. Believe it or not, despite all my expensive samples, it sucks having to wait for big VSTs like Kontakt and Omnisphere install and then big patches to load. Then when they're loaded they're usually not very inspiring and need to be finessed into a mix. Colossus was a big offender in this area, REALLY disappointing. Meanwhile, the SampleTank2 pianos, EPs and organs just kick ass right out of the box. The basses are even more playable than Trilogy!

Meanwhile, the SampleTank2 pianos, EPs and organs just kick ass right out of the box. The basses are even more playable than Trilogy!

Yeah, I agree about ST. It's hardware workstation like in a way...the sounds aren't highend supermultisample material, but they just work well.

Maybe I'll give SS another go and actually finish a song with it, heh.

I didn't get in on this for the loops, and I haven't checked through them too much, but I don't think they're anything extraordinary... I'm not terribly impressed with philharmonik orchestra either, I knew it wouldn't be top of the line, but it's really meager on many levels. In fact, in many cases (harpsichord, piano) sampletank has a much better matching sound. Oh well, sampletank is great!

I'm not terribly impressed with philharmonik orchestra either, I knew it wouldn't be top of the line, but it's really meager on many levels.

It's good for layering sounds, and with enough work you can get some good results, but the same is true for squidfont, heh.

I hardly ever use it, a mixture of the Kontakt VSL stuff and Sampletank sounds gets me better results for orchestral stuff.

I think the Amplitube versions, Sampletron and T-Racks were the best options.

Who needs sampled Moogs btw, apart from those trouue analogue enthusiasts...

Guitar Center still has IK stuff for $99. Sampletank, Samplemoog, Sonik Synth. Buy one, and you get a second free. Plus, there's the Million Users = free download thing.

So I believe it should turn out to buy 1 (for under $100) and get 2 free. Which is not shabby either.

Of course, if you've already grabbed your free "Million Users" promo, you only get 1 free, which is still not a bad deal.

Guitar Center still has IK stuff for $99. Sampletank, Samplemoog, Sonik Synth. Buy one, and you get a second free. Plus, there's the Million Users = free download thing.

So I believe it should turn out to buy 1 (for under $100) and get 2 free. Which is not shabby either.

Of course, if you've already grabbed your free "Million Users" promo, you only get 1 free, which is still not a bad deal.

Alright, Now. Should I buy my guitar first, or that?

You sure? Guitar Center's website has Sampletank at $229. :/

SampleTank 2 XL is $199 at eSoundz:

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=171

SampleTank 2 L is $99:

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=169

So, if you get ST2L for $99, you'll still get:

* Your choice of

Your choice of AmpliTube DUO, Ampeg SVX UNO or the new T-Racks 3 EQ. The first two are guitar amp/cab simulators and bass amp/cab simulators, respectively, and the last is a highly detailed vintage EQ effect for mastering.

* Your choice of:

Miroslav Philharmonik Classik Edition - Solid orchestral library based on the "Miroslav" collection which has been used all over the world for over 10 years.

T-RackS 3 Standard - Plugin mastering suite. This has been my mastering tool for years, and is used by many other ReMixers as well.

Andy, you have t-racks, i'm thinking about changing my mind for the standard and going for the deluxe package, but i saw you post on kvr about latency and read that people say that it's a bit of cpu hog. i would really like some good eq's and comp's for mixing till i can throw down for a UAD card, but i'm note sure.

thanks