ScrewAttack accepts Soulja Boy's challenge on Xbox Live.

Chris8282

Wow. So Soulja Boy won in Gears of War 2 and Street Fighter HD Remix? He really might be for real after all. Then again, shotgun in GoW2 can be pretty crazy and I guess you can still button mash to win in Street Fighter.

If you're playing someone good in Street Fighter you can't just button mash to win. 2d Fighters still take far more skill than 3d fighters. GoW2 is an easy FPS anyways. Lets see him play SF2 in the arcade and an FPS thats actually requires skill and strategy.

If you're playing someone good in Street Fighter you can't just button mash to win. 2d Fighters still take far more skill than 3d fighters. GoW2 is an easy FPS anyways. Lets see him play SF2 in the arcade and an FPS thats actually requires skill and strategy.

Ok, gears of war 2 is easy then...

GoW2 FPS

wat

Call me stupid I'd be willing to say that a fighter such as Virtua Fighter 4 or 5 takes more skill than SFII (no offense to SFII, in fact I may play HDRemix after this post). Also, despite its macho-ness GoW2 is one of the most intelligent plays I've seen on the shooter genre, emphasizing teamwork and cover rather than "who can get the rocket launcher first." Good strategy and shooting skill are evenly matched in that game.

PSSST! THERE'S THIS THING CALLED THE EDIT BUTTON. IT LETS YOU ADD MORE STUFF TO YOUR POST, SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO MAKE MORE POSTS RIGHT AFTER THE FIRST ONE.

JUST THOUGHT YOU MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW. I'M WHISPERING SO NO ONE KNOWS I HAD TO TELL YOU ABOUT IT, OK?

/subtle?

wow... jerk much?

It's XBox live, theres not a single real gamer on it. No real gamer pays to play games online on the worst service out there.

Yes, that's why millions play games on-line, because they aren't gamers. Even with a controller in their hands, staring at the TV, PLAYING a game, they are not gamers.

As if Nintendo WiFi would be any better....

And from the looks of this thread, it's become a flame war. Congratulations guys.

And from the sound of it, people are prodding every little thing that should have happened in the outcome, or "Oh, well he did this to win". Soulja Boy beat somebody at a game, BIG FREAKIN' DEAL. He also got beat at a game, BIG FREAKIN' DEAL. Just because a rapper that has an ego beats a gamer (AND PROVED HE HAS GAMING SKILL), doesn't mean it's the end of the world. Go play some games online or just play a game with someone offline, you may just get beat like other people do.

What? Just because he may not sit in front of games 24-7 or reads the magazines/websites reviews or stays "in the know" or gaming crowd, doesn't qualify him as a gamer? No, I'm trying to stereotype anybody here, but half the time I hear the same bull crap about how some people aren't gamers, I get irritated. I don't care what someone plays, or how often, why should anyone feel they have to judge someone on that? One of my bosses plays Call of Duty 2 often, it's been his favorite game since he got back into games and since he bought a 360, he's looking to play other games like it. To me, that makes him a gamer, maybe not a constant gamer, but he plays.

Look, doesn't this prove to show that Soulja Boy has some credit to what he says about his skill? Huh? Is it too much to say he was a little bit right? Hey, I may not like his music, but he's got game.

Yes, that's why millions play games on-line, because they aren't gamers. Even with a controller in their hands, staring at the TV, PLAYING a game, they are not gamers.

As if Nintendo WiFi would be any better....

And from the looks of this thread, it's become a flame war. Congratulations guys.

And from the sound of it, people are prodding every little thing that should have happened in the outcome, or "Oh, well he did this to win". Soulja Boy beat somebody at a game, BIG FREAKIN' DEAL. He also got beat at a game, BIG FREAKIN' DEAL. Just because a rapper that has an ego beats a gamer (AND PROVED HE HAS GAMING SKILL), doesn't mean it's the end of the world. Go play some games online or just play a game with someone offline, you may just get beat like other people do.

What? Just because he may not sit in front of games 24-7 or reads the magazines/websites reviews or stays "in the know" or gaming crowd, doesn't qualify him as a gamer? No, I'm trying to stereotype anybody here, but half the time I hear the same bull crap about how some people aren't gamers, I get irritated. I don't care what someone plays, or how often, why should anyone feel they have to judge someone on that? One of my bosses plays Call of Duty 2 often, it's been his favorite game since he got back into games and since he bought a 360, he's looking to play other games like it. To me, that makes him a gamer, maybe not a constant gamer, but he plays.

Look, doesn't this prove to show that Soulja Boy has some credit to what he says about his skill? Huh? Is it too much to say he was a little bit right? Hey, I may not like his music, but he's got game.

QFT all around. I don't get why everyone was getting so angry at Soulja Boy.

Get laid please. It helps.

Sorry we can't play more Pokemon, like real adult men do.

Who are you and

It's XBox live, theres not a single real gamer on it. No real gamer pays to play games online on the worst service out there.

who are you.

You're both new here so its not as if you should have known but generally personal attacks and/or flaming an entire third (or fourth w/ pc games included) of the gaming market get people upset. There's no reason to and it makes you sound like a buttwipe.

I'm thoroughly confused. In their parody rap video, Screw Attack said he played a "hack" ?

I'm not sure what's going on. Can someone direct me to a link with the turnout?

http://google.com

Sorry, had to do that :tomatoface: But really, I think the whole deal is being blown out of proportion; another lame rapper is telling the world how awesome he is, and the world is trying to shut him down. Its been done before.

I'll grant its made slightly more interesting by the presence of gaming, but not enough to garner the attention I'm seeing, IMHO

No, I'm well aware of that much. It was in the first post.

The more recent posts are suggesting that there was an actual turnout. Was there a tourney?

I'll grant its made slightly more interesting by the presence of gaming, but not enough to garner the attention I'm seeing, IMHO

So then you understand why I'm not clear on the more recent news.

You're both new here

My! How presumptuous. I've been here since 2002 for your information.

Leave the kids alone. They will learn on their own in time. That is the way of our world.

I should play more Pokemon.

But, seriously, everyone. This is all in good fun. Don't go off throwing a temper tantrum and flaming just because people think Soulja Boy is funny. You're all on a game music forum. Like someone else said, for **** sake have an open mind, you hypocrites. Almost all of you need to man-up and realize that. It's kind of hypocritical to assume others fail in ANYTHING regarding real-life, isn't it?