FF7 Compilation Album

Aureolius

So I just decided to throw some midis into Orion and create a quick and dirty FF7 compilation album for shits. I already finished the first track and would like to provide it for free downloads, but you know I don't even know if there would be any copyright issues with that so I am hesitant. The midi file had no author cited so I can only give credit to the original composer. So I guess my question is, do you think square enix is going to sue me for creating note-for-note renditions of their FF7 music and passing them out for free?

Well anyways. Heres the track. I'm probably breaking some forum rule or something by posting it but I am too lazy to check so just delete this post if I am.

http://www.gjdeming.com/audio/FF7Motorcycle.mp3

http://www.gjdeming.com/audio/bike.mid

edit: added the midi file as well

If they had a problem with that then they would have a problem with people making the midi's to begin with. As long as your not redistributing the original media, then I'd say they would be really unlikely to have a problem with it

As long as you credit the midi's that you can credit, square is unlikely to knock on your door unless you try charging people for it. Nobuo said he liked our ff7 remix album, so you should be fine.

lol @ Syka... that sig does go well with the song! I appreciate all the input from everyone, I feel alot better about handing it out. I was mainly doing the project for myself and my friends but it just makes sense to make it available for anyone that wants a different flavor of the Final Fantasy sound variety. I'll post updates to this thread as I finish more songs.

I loved the song in the game though it seems like it gets little appreciation. I think you could do a little more playing with the source, but this is a very enjoyable and fun tune, as is.

EDIT: Just a comment on the source:

I think this song is Nobuo's proof of genius. He's creating beautiful harmonies with mere clicks and beeps. Not sustaining ones either. You only hear a hint of melody, but your brain is able to fill in the gaps. It's very experimental, and so I believe it deserves a remix equally experimental.