Cantata for Dancing 3rd Movement

derako

Hello all. Regarding the Cantata it's been a year and a half since we last worked on anything. SO Jeremy's and my new years resolution is to complete the 3rd movement. It hasn't been officially titled yet. If you have any questions about it fire away. Happy New Year everyone!

-Derek-

EDIT: Also Sprach Kefka is finished FINALLY!!! Download it below

Also Sprach Kefka

Well I do have one worry and that is the length of the piece. It's 7:20 which is very long and it will be very challenging to get the mp3 below the size limit. Also if we do get it below I'm also worried that the sound quality won't be up to standards because of all the mp3 compression. One idea I had is that OCR may let us host the file for them. It would be a direct download from my site but I don't know if they would allow that. But it's an idea. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Well I do have one worry and that is the length of the piece. It's 7:20 which is very long and it will be very challenging to get the mp3 below the size limit. Also if we do get it below I'm also worried that the sound quality won't be up to standards because of all the mp3 compression. One idea I had is that OCR may let us host the file for them. It would be a direct download from my site but I don't know if they would allow that. But it's an idea. Anyone else have any suggestions?

They don't bend on the filesize limit, unfortunately. Just play around with LAME VBR encoding until you get as close to a full 6MB as you can. (And you should be able to get it right on the dot, considering the latest LAME allows decimal VBR-quality settings, like "-V 6.29".) Then host the song at better quality elsewhere, and as soon as the review thread comes up, post a link to the higher quality version.

It's been done with plenty of precedent.

EDIT: LOL, like all the previous Cantata mixes, I see. By the way, I just discovered those revised HQ versions of the first two Cantatas. Awesome goodness! :-)

Hello! I'm excited to bring you our first demo. This covers the first 5:00 minutes of the piece. I challenge anyone to list any of the 9 classical references.

Some of the instruments aren't sampled yet including: snare drum, tambourine, cymbals, bass drum, and choir. So their still in softsynth form for now.

Enjoy!!

Sprachdemo01