OCR00346 - Mega Man X "Sigmatism"

Saunders

• 8 months later...

DANGIT I JUST PASTED SOMETHING OVER MY MESSAGE

So anyway, to simplifiy:

-Repetitive, a word used to describe lots of old OC songs but repetitious natures of songs is not something to bother with since most everyone who would come to this site is prepared to hear repetition (pop music fans as well for that matter).

-Goes well with the background in the game.

-Drums seem to have been made according to the song, not the other way around. Second half seems stronger in that area.

-Not something you'd blast in your car.

-Good for internet surfing.

-Good energy

-Check out mellogear's other songs as they bring out his creativity more than this 'Mix does.

Dang I'm hungry.

EDIT: Whoops, mutagene did the Shadow of the Beat 'Mixes, not Mellogear.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I had recently started playing Megaman X on zSNES back in early 2003, so I was interested in checking out remixes from the game when I first found OCR. Saunders had the same view as me where this was not necessarily the mix I would have wanted with the Sigma selection theme, yet I think Jon went for something unique with the arrangement idea. Dated and quite underdeveloped, but catchy and a welcome change of pace from the other mixes, both new and old, from the site.

• 2 months later...

I personally think that mellogear made a horribly painful and annoying song into a great and exciting remix....I'm surprised that this song was even chosen to be remixed persoanlly, because it's not a song that you hear for more then 5 seconds most of the time, unless you left it on this screen and fell asleep, then had it stuck in your head, hated it, but slowly loved it because that's what happens when incredibly horrible and repetitive songs get stuck in your head, and then was so driven by its beauty, you had to make a remix, I really see no pot in remix it.

• 6 months later...
I personally think that mellogear made a horribly painful and annoying song into a great and exciting remix....I'm surprised that this song was even chosen to be remixed persoanlly, because it's not a song that you hear for more then 5 seconds most of the time, unless you left it on this screen and fell asleep, then had it stuck in your head, hated it, but slowly loved it because that's what happens when incredibly horrible and repetitive songs get stuck in your head, and then was so driven by its beauty, you had to make a remix, I really see no pot in remix it.

It may also be the challenge in it. Take a boring song, and turn it into something that not only you but also others like. It's one of the actual points of remixing, either make it better or change it to something new. I haven't played this game, but if the original track was bad before, Mellogear has now pimped it into something fresh and jazzy directly from the oven. Sounds like the music choice James Bond would do if he danced. I dig the piano and the synths, gives a very good feeling to it. Groovy man, groovy. 8)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This remix is catchy at first listen, but after that it may as well never be played again. This is underdeveloped and trite, with little ultimately going for it except a kicking intro and good solid back beat.

But where's the substance?

• 1 year later...

personally, I enjoy a song that does not vary too much from the original. this song is nice and ominous. perfect for a villain theme. I can almost visualize X and sigma in a room with sigma reveling his grand master plan (as villains always tend to do).

only a few problems with it.

first off, It's too short.second of all and posibly more important is the fact that it is not designed to loop.

this is defiantly the type that you could listen to nonstop for thirty minutes. you should almost be able to visualize a sigma confrontation. like in the game, the music should not be forced to stop until you are ready to move on. just because you don't scroll down the text box of sigma speaking does not mean that the music should stop (even though that particular music did not play during his dialog)

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

More personal taste, but I'm not really crazy for this one. The sounds are pretty lofi, and I'm not feeling much development of the track. The bass carrying the melody is pretty cool, but it really just keeps playing the same thing over and over, and doesn't do much in the way of variation. The percussion overall had some cool stuff going on as well, especially the hi hat, but with the quality of the sounds being low it isn't that interesting to listen to in my opinion. Not my thing.

• 2 months later...

It sounds dated and really Midi-ed out in some areas, but for a track whose source was so short it drove me nuts in the first place, any improvement is good, and this sounds like an improvement. The name does rock indeed, and this is a great sound for an evil virus. Good enough for me.

• 6 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00346 - Mega Man X "Sigmatism"