OCRA-0013 - Tales: Summoning of Spirits

KyleJCrb

Enter my two pence on the whole Full Force argument. :)

When I first played Symphonia and heard the track as the core battle theme for Sylvarant, I initially thought it sounded catchy and it had me wondering why it wasn't covered. However, as Kyle pointed out, he ended up picking a lot of battle themes that managed to surprass it on a melodic and/or climatic level for this thing, and I have to agree with him on his selection.

Talking of which, "Keen Edged Blade" is one of MY favorite battle tracks in Symphonia. Silas's take, while cool to listen to from a project perspective, somehow seems to be rubbing shoulders with me as it sounds like a liberal take on the theme. Can anyone provide a source breakdown in case I'm missing something?

I'm not big on it personally. We did strongly consider it given that it is the first battle theme in the game, but other, more prominent battle themes won out.

This is probably getting a bit annoying for you by now (Sorry... 8[ ), but no Symphonia overworld themes?

And I have no idea why but "Tales & Trials" vaguely reminds me of the Tales of the Abyss track "The place of relaxation".

Enter my two pence on the whole Full Force argument. :)

When I first played Symphonia and heard the track as the core battle theme for Sylvarant, I initially thought it sounded catchy and it had me wondering why it wasn't covered. However, as Kyle pointed out, he ended up picking a lot of battle themes that managed to surprass it on a melodic and/or climatic level for this thing, and I have to agree with him on his selection.

Talking of which, "Keen Edged Blade" is one of MY favorite battle tracks in Symphonia. Silas's take, while cool to listen to from a project perspective, somehow seems to be rubbing shoulders with me as it sounds like a liberal take on the theme. Can anyone provide a source breakdown in case I'm missing something?

It's very liberal, but what I think silas did was mainly base the track on the section at :38 in the original, and if you listen to the rhythm/bassline, there are some similarities, although obviously the remix is much, much slower.

This is probably getting a bit annoying for you by now (Sorry... 8[ ), but no Symphonia overworld themes?

I will admit, this was kind of an oversight on our part. We had a tough time paring down the Symphonia side of the project, considering there are so many good original tracks there, and we did leave out a few that in retrospect, we shouldn't have. Luckily, we'll be adding Showroom Dummy's remix from PRC119 (which Rexy just linked to), along with a few more bonus tracks that I found to the website soon.

Only OCR can take one of the sadder songs in Dawn of a New World and make it into a pop-rock masterpiece.

Regarding songs like "No Better Time Than Now" and "Beyond Absentminded", is there any place where we can view the lyrics?

Yup, there are links to each set of lyrics under the song in the Music section, or you can just go here: http://tales.ocremix.org/lyrics.html