OCR01816 - Mega Man 3 "Magnet Missiles"

djpretzel

Holy RBF, this remix is sweet.

Trombone shredding is absolutely golden. 1:39 - 1:58 is MAGICAL. And the keys! We need more improvisation in mixes (not too much, mind you; this mix had just the perfect amount to make it interesting and not seem like it was droning like some jazz tunes).

This'll be on repeat for a while; salute to you fine gentlemen!

I love music where it really sounds like the performers were having a lot of fun playing it. I can just imagine the smiles on everyone's face as they were playing this :<.

Megaman 3 has slowed down in recent years (most of the remixes are really pre-1000 mixes...), so it's great to get something that's more 'up-to-date' with OCR with this game. The guitar/trombone combo is a tasty mix that I've never heard before and it works great!

The organ is sweet, too :P

Nice one, guys!

Wow, I jumped right into this song without reading anything about it and was floored when it shifted gears from going to what seemed like another metal remix to a blazing ska entry. To be honest I thought it sounded a little disjointed at first and maybe in a few other spots but perhaps I have my own aforementioned expectations to blame for feeling that way.

Otherwise, this is a fun, inspired, and truly original entry adding some much appreciated diversity to OC. May not be everyone's cup of tea but highly recommended by me anyways.

You don't know how long I've been waiting for a remix that featured as much kickass trombone as this one does. This song is absolutely AMAZING. I would very much love to hear more of this same type of stuff, especially the trombonist - AMAZING. As a trombone player myself, let me be one to say that he is definitely AMAZING.

AMAZING!!!

The lead guitar tone at the beginning is all kinds of wretched, but the playing is ok, if not overly loose (and by loose i mean exceptionally loose).

My god, that trombone is excellent. Now I know why this passed. Once it hits the ska sections, it really sounds good.

Trombone solo is as good as i'd expect it to be. Great playing and tastefully proficient with a perfect blend of flash and melody. Guitar solo is good too, which makes me wonder why does the guitar sometimes sound really solid, and other times just sloppy? Seems like some sections could have been redone.

Organ solo was hot as well. Nice playing, leading to a great build.

So besides some distractingly gross guitar in some spots, this mix is super hot. Nice work, gents.

I'm not a big ska fan, but i'm all for creativity and variation! The trombone playing is really nice, the arrangement sounds very nice, production ain't bad at all! Don't be so hard on yourself JJT! Or is it fake modesty? ;)

Great fun!

This really gets better and better as it goes on, I do like the trombone, but the organs are what did it for me, always been a fan of organs coming from out of nowhere and taking a song to the next level, and I definitely feel like that's what happened here.

More than anything I thought the story in the writeup about how this has been kicking around for years now was great, just glad it finally saw the light of day.

Edit: This has been experiencing some major playtime for me over the last few days, much more addictive than it originally seemed!

Wow nice original take on this theme.

Guitar at the beginning with the raw and dirty tone (Which actually may be to much so for my liking) fools you into thinking that its going to be another metal mix, and then there is a transition into ska (which to be honest really threw me off, I wasn't expecting it at all, not sure it was smooth enough)

However, the trombone playing is awesome, and I like the way it goes from ska to metal when it pleases :P

I like the looseness of the guitar playing here as well, unlike some other people it seems.

The trombone solo = awesome, it actually made me laugh the first time I heard it :P

The Organ really seals the deal tho, I love the sound of it :P

This is one of those mixes that has a knack of getting better just when you think it can't do, and for that, and all the reasons I stated above, I highly recommend this track.

Nice work guys :P

That is some awesome trombone playing. He really has a great tone!

Great mix, and a really good style adaption for this peice. Not something I would have expected, but welcome none-the-less.

There were a few times I wasn't feeling the guitar as much as the brass, but since I was trumpet player for 10 years, I might be a little biased.

Great job

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01816 - Mega Man 3 "Magnet Missiles"