Street Fighter 2 Guile's Theme Rock Remix

Tensei

Hi there. First of all, I think you play very good! You got skills. The energy flow is all there. The guitars have a tendency to peak a lot. I would turn down the overall sound of the tune and raise it with mastering software later to avoid a lot of that, perhaps your guitar sound need a bit equalizing. Many even professional bands have the same problem, that's the DARK SIDE of guitar recording, those damned peaks! :D

You got nice drumming, love the hi-hat 'stashing'. Looking forward to hearing an extended version! Keep it up pal! ROCK ON!!

This track definitely has the energy and power it should have! I'm not sure if you plan on making the track longer than this, but its something to consider. Maybe adding a nice break followed by a solo could help change it up while making the track longer.

That being said i can get to the mixing/production. The intro has too much static/clipping going on. Maybe turning down the project volume then adjusting the rythym volume could help fix this.

The drums are pretty good, not too many problems there. If your not running a compressor on it, give it a shot and then you can boost the lows and highs with an EQ.

Anyways, i think starting by turning down the projects volume might clear everything up nicely. And the playing is spot on and impressive. Overall, its a very good start and i can't wait to hear the end result.

For a good example of mixing, check out my Zelda NES Labyrinth remix at http://www.soundlantern.com/SoundPage.do?ToId=36238&Path=4868903232009071813.mp3 . It'll stream it to your PC.

This is sounding pretty good. Overall, I'm happy with where this is heading. You obviously have skill with all the instruments used here, so very well done.

The mixing overall doesn't bother me too much, but I can hear some buzz in the background that could be cleaned up. I heard a bit of keyboard (or something of the like) in the background I'd love to hear more of, but that's up to you. The only thing that "bugged" me if anything would be some of the stretched out notes on the guitar. While everything else sounds amazing, those held notes seemed very bland and alone. Maybe you could either cut back or add something to accompany the notes.

I can't wait to hear the end result, this as a start is nice and strong.

• 2 weeks later...

Good old SFII,cool Tensei-San this is rocking that's all I have to say bout that.

Intro is great,guitars sound really powerful.Someone may have touched up on this before,near the end

I hear a really fast synth or lead instrument. It would be great if in the mix this could be heard

maybe turn down slightly a few DB on the rhythm guitars if anything just keep the energy that is already there.

The mix may have some kind of static clipping, so you may want to adjust the overall volume in some places.

This is all rocking stuff keep going.