418 replies to this topic

#21 Lie Mf B

Lie Mf B

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:05 PM

I do have a pretty groovy rendition of a Mega Man 3 Dr Wily part + the general boss tune from the same game nearly finished. It's gonna be on my upcoming album, and I don't wanna "out" it before that, but I might do a mixdown and send you a WIP. I like this idea for a project!
Posted Image

#22 The Derrit

The Derrit

Bonus kun (+2900)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,996 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:33 AM

Seeing as everyone is tossing out suggestions/ideas, I'll toss in some for inspriation.

Paper Mario: TTYD (Doopliss)

Metroid Prime Final Battle (Prime Head)

Super Mario RPG (Fight Against An Armed Boss)

Super Paper Mario (Bleck)

KOTOR (Darth Malak)

and the Great Giant Poo.
Posted Image

#23 The Coop

The Coop

Mr. X (+23000)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,170 posts
  • LocationOutskirts of B.F.E.

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:00 AM

A couple suggestions...

Dark Force (Phantasy Star series)
Death Adder (Golden Axe series)
Mr. X (Streets of Rage series)
Fantasy Zone series boss music

jon_talbain_and_smiley_meet_felicia_by_t

#24 Brookman5

Brookman5

Slime (+5)

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:59 AM

Seeing as everyone is tossing out suggestions/ideas, I'll toss in some for inspriation.

the Great Giant Poo.

Seriously, someone should make a remix of this! Vocals included.

#25 The Joker

The Joker

BadAss I & II Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • LocationLBK, Texas, USA

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:20 AM

I appreciate everyone giving suggestions, but the only way they're making it on, is if someone claims them, & shows me a good wip. Get the word out!
Get my New Ablum, Die On My Feet!
Bandcamp CDBabay itunes Amazon MP3 Google Play

#26 The Derrit

The Derrit

Bonus kun (+2900)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,996 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:11 PM

I appreciate everyone giving suggestions, but the only way they're making it on, is if someone claims them, & shows me a good wip. Get the word out!

Oh we understand, but there's no reason not to drop them here for some possible inspirations :)
Posted Image

#27 OA

OA

Judge, Unsung Heroes Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,895 posts
  • Locationmn, usa

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:19 PM

Seriously, someone should make a remix of this! Vocals included.

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01678/

ilp0 strikes again!
Posted Image

#28 pu_freak

pu_freak

BadAss II Co-Director, BadAss Asst. Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationUtrecht, the Netherlands

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:59 PM

In the last incarnation of this project, everyone was throwing around boss themes. Most of them were pretty cool, the the most importnat reason is that we have remixers that are passionate about remixing a theme. So it's up to them to come up with something good

Released Projects: ARMed and DANGerous, Around the World, BadAss, BadAss 2, Balance & Ruin, Lucid Dreaming, The Missingno Tracks, Summoning of Spirits
Current Projects: BadAss: Volume 3, Secret of Mana, SD3: Songs of Light and Darkness

sigma_fortress_artist_pu_freak.png

#29 42

Crash Bandicoot (+650)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 698 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in SC

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:24 PM

I'd just like to toss out a few more ideas/suggestions/inspiration sources/etc.:

1. There's a platformer for the SNES that was never released stateside until recently called DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure,
which is the sequel to Milon's Secret Castle on the NES, and it singlehandedly has one of the best soundtracks of any game on the SNES. example, example, boss fight example.
But what bothers me most extreme is that I can't find any quality example of the Boss Music I'd like you to hear. :banghead:
It's the boss of the forest world (the first world), and its the music for the Wood Robot.

2. The concept of "Vs."
Why limit each track to a single boss theme, why not meld or mix two (or more) together?
e.g. Who would win in a fight: M.Bison or Ganondorf?
What if Dr. Wily and Dr. Robotinik teamed up to make the ultimate robot of destruction?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#30 The Pezman

The Pezman

Donkey Kong (+2600)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:30 PM

I really want to remix on this project, but I have to graduate college first (May 17).

#31 pu_freak

pu_freak

BadAss II Co-Director, BadAss Asst. Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationUtrecht, the Netherlands

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:41 PM

2. The concept of "Vs."
Why limit each track to a single boss theme, why not meld or mix two (or more) together?
e.g. Who would win in a fight: M.Bison or Ganondorf?
What if Dr. Wily and Dr. Robotinik teamed up to make the ultimate robot of destruction?

Nobody says it's not allowed. If you can mix these themes together in good way, you're free to do so I think

Released Projects: ARMed and DANGerous, Around the World, BadAss, BadAss 2, Balance & Ruin, Lucid Dreaming, The Missingno Tracks, Summoning of Spirits
Current Projects: BadAss: Volume 3, Secret of Mana, SD3: Songs of Light and Darkness

sigma_fortress_artist_pu_freak.png

#32 The Pezman

The Pezman

Donkey Kong (+2600)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:50 PM

Nobody says it's not allowed. If you can mix these themes together in good way, you're free to do so I think

These two sound similar to begin with. Perhaps...?

#33 The Joker

The Joker

BadAss I & II Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:55 AM

You could do a mashup, but I'd still say it should be focused on one theme over the other. More a cameo appearance than anything.

#34 Rozovian

Rozovian

Workshop Moderator, Songs of Light and Darkness Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,007 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:58 AM

Interesting how many are eager to point out boss music that should be remixed but so few actually join the project and want to remix anything.

#35 The Derrit

The Derrit

Bonus kun (+2900)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,996 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:11 PM

Interesting how many are eager to point out boss music that should be remixed but so few actually join the project and want to remix anything.

plenty of people have memories of boss music. plenty of people don't have musical experience.

its a pretty simple concept
Posted Image

#36 The Pezman

The Pezman

Donkey Kong (+2600)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:38 PM

I really want to remix on this project, but I have to graduate college first (May 17).

10charmyass

#37 Triad Orion

Triad Orion

Cammy (+850)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 873 posts
  • LocationOver There

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:15 PM

plenty of people have memories of boss music. plenty of people don't have musical experience.

its a pretty simple concept

This. Just this. I love video game music, but I don't know the first thing *about* music, let alone composition and execution. Short of actually taking a class or being taught by someone else, I don't think all the online tutorials in the world would help me out here. It's why I've not attempted to mix anything at all. XD

But for the overarching project, I think this is a really good plans. And might I say that I'm especially looking forward to seeing what Joker does with Gruntilda's theme from the Banjo series? That was one of my very favorite villain leitmotifs out there.
Posted Image

#38 The Coop

The Coop

Mr. X (+23000)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,170 posts
  • LocationOutskirts of B.F.E.

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:25 PM

I'd love to join up, but I already know I won't be able to meet the desired standards for this project.

jon_talbain_and_smiley_meet_felicia_by_t

#39 The Joker

The Joker

BadAss I & II Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:47 AM

Also, evktalo had been brought on to give some feedback on the wips board, once we have some wips. So, yeah, awesome! Also, I'm contacting various people, get the ball rolling, get some more songs.

#40 evktalo

evktalo

Joe Musashi (+2200)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,237 posts
  • LocationOulu, Finland

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:19 AM

Yeah, so get those wips in!

The Coop, would you be interested in doing a coop with someone polishing up the production side? I listened to your posted ReMixes and your arrangements seem solid enough (actually, your PS4 ReMix is quite fantastic, I really appreciate the restraint in it).

I might also whip up a wip.. I'm concerned about my ability to produce something worthy too, so you're not alone. :D

--Eino

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums