OCR01071 - Mega Man 2 "It's About Time"

djpretzel

i lioke the mix over all but i'd have to say the intro is way too long - over a min of nothing - that part of the mix is anying and too repetitive to get me to listen to the mix without having to skip the first minute too actually get somewhere to recognize the theme or even get any music playing at all.

well other than the long intro i'd say it's a solid mix. 8)

gay remix

Well, if this is a gay remix, then I'm glad to be homosexual, because this is great. I will agree that the first minute or so seems pretty dull, but once the actual remix kicked in, I couldn't stop listening to it. I don't know if I'd necessarily classify it as trance, though...but it is really damn good. A bit long, maybe, and that boring first minute ruin it a little bit.

But it appeals to my tastes. Gay remix, indeed. Pfft. :P

"This is the way to do trance"

Quite! My only complaint would be for more! Another go around 5:00-ish, get /really/ heavy on the beat? C'mon! :D

I did have to do a bit of EQ foolin' to get the low end to a satisfactory level though.

If this is gay, consider me homosexual as well. 8)

It wasn't real repetitive like alot of trance music tends to be.

I think you've just missed the point of trance music.

I see what he's saying though. :-P Too much techno/trance tends to be.. boring? Dull? Cliche? Uninteresting? This doesn't fall into those traps. Very nice!

As I recall, not much has been changed. However, I too remember this mix being in the WIP forum (his first Video game mix, if I remembered correctly,) and I absolutely loved it, mainly because it's not filled with super-happy-fun candy-raving synths that blow your eardrums, or singing at such a key it makes glass shatters on the first pizicatto note.

I say, congrats, and hopefully I'll hear more from you soon!

I agree - the intro takes too long to build. I can see where you're coming from, but a little more variety earlier on (i.e. building chords in synth strings/pad) may have lent it strength.

Beyond that, this is excellent trance. It's mellow, and I like the use of piano in electronica. It isn't as powerful as it could have been, but this certainly isn't a bad thing. The piece's only real fault is repitition.

ok, ok, constructive criticism...

as others have pointed out, the intro is too repetitve and gets boring since it's so long... should have been maybe 30 seconds or less rather than a full minute

the song was too quiet, too unsensational... usually just a mellow tune with minor hints at a Flash Man theme in the background... the remixer needed to bring the theme into the front...

it felt like most of the song was building up the real part (much like how in the original flash man theme it builds up in the beginning) however this real part never came... the only times when the theme were really shown, it was just too dull and didn't have the beat or sounds to make it stand out

basically, it was like a 6-minute intro that never was

OK there's your constructive criticism, I didn't even make one reference to homosexuality

btw this is the 6th or so Flashman peice, with all the others being vastly better, so if you want a Flashman remix I suggest you check the others out, especially Flashfire and Wily Haunts Flashman

Long time listener, first time poster.

People's criticisms that this piece "does nothing" at the outset would be a lot more valid if the trance genre, by definition, didn't always take its sweet time to get things hopping.

You could consider SC's remix an attempt at staying true to trance's form and function :D

Just an observation. Quality work, SC, good luck on your sophomore submission.

i lioke the mix over all but i'd have to say the intro is way too long - over a min of nothing - that part of the mix is anying and too repetitive to get me to listen to the mix without having to skip the first minute too actually get somewhere to recognize the theme or even get any music playing at all.

well other than the long intro i'd say it's a solid mix. 8)

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks conker!

Remember kids, it's late and I have no time to type out something useful!

This is one of the better remixes I've heard in a long time. I downloaded it a couple days ago and have listened to it probably 10 - 20 times.

I'm not sure why people say the intro is too long, I like it like that. It slowly works itself into the song and almost makes you forget that it's playing. Then before you know it, it jumps seamlessly into the heart of the song. Excellently done.

On another note, right around 3:35 is my favorite part of the song. It's that deep atmospheric music that moves you.

I love it.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01071 - Mega Man 2 "It's About Time"