OCR00221 - Panzer Dragoon "Panzer Groove"

m68030

• 2 months later...

Having played the game in and out, this track brings back a lot of memories, and i must tell you that this mix is faithfull to the game, the song sounds perfect with all the instrumentation given, the tambas give it that little exotic touch that keeps it linked with the game's mood.

Just listening to this reminds me of the days i would spend playing this game in and out, and playing it again .. A must have to anyone who likes soft instrumental music.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is pretty cool. A good choice to mix. The bassline, drums, and small amount of guitar are done very well and are nice additions to the track. Other than that, I'm somewhat dissapointed in how this track is not a whole lot more than the original version plus those things I mentioned. Take away the drums, bassline, and little guitar, and you've pretty much got an imitation of the original. Nice sound quality, drums, bass, groove, but not much added to this. Very quick fade out ending too. Didn't like that.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Beautiful, serene, just a little sad, with an undercurrent of hope. Just the way I like 'em! I think it takes a few listens to get the "groove" part of the song but fortunately this is an easy track to put on repeat. I remember when this game came out for Saturn and my sister and I were admiring the water effects as we played I believe it was the first level. Good times. Great track!

• 8 months later...

Awesome bass. The flute playing the melody is very beautiful and the other instruments like acoustic guitar and the subtle piano really make the combination more than the sum of its parts. The ending is a bit sudden, otherwise really great stuff.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Strangely enough, this sounds pretty good even for back then. It gives you some insight as to why McVaffe developed such a great reputation early on in OCR's lifetime.

This particular mix isn't complicated - it takes things in a pretty relaxed fashion, which makes this a nice track to play when you're laid back or just want relaxing music in the background.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00221 - Panzer Dragoon "Panzer Groove"