OCR01089 - *YES* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 'Snow Motion' *RESUB*

djpretzel

Email sub file Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Snow Motion OC Remix .MP3 - pretty good stuff... djp

Original decision: http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24363

Hi there.

My name's Marco and I'm from Portugal. Sorry for sending this remix as an attachment but I had no other choise.

It's the first time I try to send you a remix of my own. I've chosen Sonic 3 - Ice Cap Zone Theme for remixing. Since many of this theme mixes are dance music style, I tried to make somethink more chill-out-style. I hope you take time to hear it all :o)

If it's not asking too much, I'd like to get a response from you, telling me if you're putting my remix online or not.

Take care:

Marco aka SkyHigh

this is very cool. it is minimalist, which is the basis of the few problems the judges are bound to cite.

it develops slowly and subtly. it could develop more, but i think it's very nice.

like i said, it's minimalist, which some might interpret as "repetitive". while the melody repeats, there are subtle changes made.

i think there could have been measures taken to make this more gratifying, but as it is, it's very pleasant, and develops in a chill and minimalistic way.

YES

• 2 weeks later...

Minimalistic ambient mix that works. Philip Glass might be proud.

I agree there is very little variation here that is usually associated with minimalism. I would consider this more ambient than minimalism though. The details and nuances that are traditionally in the genre aren't here as this seems to have a greater focus on drums and percussion. However what we have here is an extremely enjoyable, chill mix that has some really great drum and unique percussion work. I don't like the type of kick drum used here though.

The soundscape as a whole here is just rich and inviting. Perfect production values for this genre. Reminds me of the ecco soundtrack.

Slightly repetitive, yet at the same time completely immersive.

YES

Somewhat of a genre bender here- almost like a trance structure as seen through an ambient/new age lens. The end result is lush and a bit subdued...which is a great combo for an effective chill track.

Nice samples and synth textures- a little repetitive perhaps, but it's a great piece to just sit back and let your mind wander to.

YES