OCR01833 - Skate or Die (C64) "I've Got 5 Skateboards Right Here"

djpretzel

Norg! I must tell you about my experience this time, why and how I feel like I have to make this review even if I've never played the game ...

We are commonly super-biased as remix-listeners while the effect it has on us, or some of us at least, might turn it around for the better!

I must be honest with you, I have never (until late) been at all interested in this kind of music. Many factors have been major parts in the process to make me like it.

And You! are one of them: (seriously, keep reading ^^)

Being super biased, one of the first tracks I downloaded from this site was "Duck Blur" by Star. When your track was released "Harden the Duck Up!" Of course I started listening madly to it, because of how biased I am with the love for the source material.

BUT now, this madness has given me an opportunity to really enjoy this track as well, because I have, through the experience of Duck Tales, learned how to love what YOU do, and what this kind of music can give me.

Whoa, now that's was perfectly pretentious rant... ;)

long live OCR! and go NORG! one of my favorite DoD-Dwellers!

Really intense and well produced. Great sound to everything, and this thing is packed with great arrangement ideas. I've no idea what the source sounds like, but this stands so well on it's own, it's not really that much of a concern to me. All the pieces fit together well, and the performances of each instrument are great. I love this one. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

My face melted and my brains turned to liquid. This is crazy, even by the standards of other crazy mixes. And that's a good thing.

With a mix like this, it's important to not let a second be wasted, and to not allow the listener to stop and analyse exactly what you're doing and how you're doing it. That's totally incosequential to the purpose of this type of music, and I'm glad that purpose is fulfilled here.

Of course, that's not to say is sounds bad. Because it's actually got a great sound to it, made even greater by impeccable production work and constantly shifting tempos and leads.

This is probably the most hectic as they come, though I wouldn't describe it as too complex. It's a masterful slice of chaos that harkens back to the birth of progressive rock and beyond. A very impressive package and a great one for those really late nights.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01833 - Skate or Die (C64) "I've Got 5 Skateboards Right Here"