OCR00224 - Super Mario RPG "Mushroom Way Madness"

m68030

• 2 months later...

Mushroom Way is a song thats always made me chuckle along as i played that game (and because of you, i had to start playing that game again, damn you orkybash for bringing to me so much nostalgic memories !) This mix is (just like genno's woods) missing bass, its too high pitched.

But you know that isnt the real problem, this song is amazingly well played, and it still has that Mario RPG touch to it that makes it bouncy, cheery, and extremelly addictive.

I'll be listening to this one for a long time

Indeed a keeper, The song kept the Soul or Mario, And highlighted the good points of the song with a nice upbeat touch.

Terrific song

Edit: Wow, It's the oldest post they have of mine... Man I seem so much different here, this was before school started and now it's almost over... Century's ago...

Edit: Wow, this edit must've took place at least a year ago. I guess I'm the only person on OCR who actually goes back and look at their old posts.

Edit: Wow, this other edit must've taken place another year ago. I think I'll keep this tradition entact!

This remix captures the essence of what the original could not.

It shouts out, "this is the beginning of a happy adventure, this RPG is TO BE taken lightly, and it's mario hey come on". The original is good, this remix is happy and only brings more meaning to what I saw/see the start of this game as.

As stated before, it's definately a keeper ;)

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This would be near the very top of my favourites list, except I think it gets repetitive. Definitely a good choice of instruments, and a decent job splicing in small segments that weren't from the original tune. But it's the constant loud beat on the drum in the background that drove me insane. I still recommend the remix -- just be warned that it's not something you can put on loop for hours on end. 8/10.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Always a favorite in my OCRemix playlist, this song captures the spirit of the game: Upbeat with a wry humorous twist. It's energetic and has just enough shift from the original to keep all of the spirit and liven the tune, especially at 1:15!

Super Mario RPG was the perfect comedy RPG, with the over-the-top comedic effects keeping you amused in time with the easy to follow music.

When some of my friends were over and heard the song, a few sprung in to follow the tune, not even recognizing it as SMRPG until I pointed it out.

• 1 year later...

Love it. Very upbeat, love the xylaphone(sp?). Makes me want to go and play the game, but alas, i no longer have it. My aunt thinks japan is trying to take over the world with music in videogames (lol), and even she loves this remix. She couln't change what she said after we told her it was a VG remix song.

Keep up the awsome work!

• 1 year later...

Charming despite it's midi-sounding roots, this is a mix that really emphasizes a fun attitude over ambitious and dramatic arrangement. Though the source is Super Mario RPG, this would be completely at home in a sunny Mario Kart track. It just has a driving and upbeat feel that is pretty infectious. The guitar is a little too fakey for my liking, and the marimba is pretty mechanical, but the song is fun and upbeat, so I can overlook a few things. :-)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay, I can definantly hear where the "midi-ish" stuff DJP was talking about is, but I have straight MIDI's on my MP3. I can handle it as long as the tune is nice, and this is. Iight-hearted and has a great beat. Can't say it's the greatest mix on OCR (by far), but it's alright with me.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00224 - Super Mario RPG "Mushroom Way Madness"