725 replies to this topic

#621 Zen Frazier

Zen Frazier

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

There might be one or two releases every 3 or 4 days, so on average there might be 10 new mixes each month. To make a torrent every month just to update 10 songs might be time better spent on other projects.

Yeah, I hear that, which is why I was posing it as "how feasible" because I really don't know how much work it takes to setup a torrent.

According to my RSS feed there were 20 releases in January... I'd rather only have to go to one place to download all 20 in one click than to have to open all 20 pages and go to the Download tab, right-click save-as, etc. It's kinda like wanting the option to download an entire album instead of just 1 track at a time, even if it's just 10 tracks. Most music sites let you do this, that's all I'm getting at. :smile:
My Bandcamp Collection: http://bandcamp.com/zenfrazier
EFP Volumes 1-7: Free downloads at http://electrofreaks.bandcamp.com/
Posted Image

#622 Mirby

Mirby

Audio Engineering Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,570 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

Yeah, well they're working on updating the mass torrents right now anyways, so if this were to happen, you'd have to wait until the full torrents are up.

Posted ImagePosted Image
<+overcoat> I am totally a weaboo fangirl | Share & Enjoy now available! Click above! | <jeffball> my balls are everywhere

#623 Liontamer

Liontamer

Community Manager, Judge

• Moderators
  • 12,723 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

Nah, the point of torrents is to seed big groups of files in perpetuity; there's no practical reason to do small, monthly batches as torrents. We've held off on torrent updates because of my massive project, but when we're back in the swing of things, we'd be updating once per 100 mixes.

At some point, I may use RapidShare or some other Megaupload-ish service to do what you're asking, only with no torrent, just a direct, but straightforward batch download. Or someone else with more time can take up the cause! :-)

#624 Zen Frazier

Zen Frazier

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

Fair enough - thanks for the response though!
My Bandcamp Collection: http://bandcamp.com/zenfrazier
EFP Volumes 1-7: Free downloads at http://electrofreaks.bandcamp.com/
Posted Image

#625 DrewGourley

DrewGourley

Mudkip (+150)

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

Hey, I was just wondering if there was a torrent available for the latest few hundred mixposts. Otherwise, do I gotta just go one by one and download them?
Posted Image

#626 Mirby

Mirby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

I'm pretty sure Larry's been working on updated torrents for some time now, so until he's done you'll have to get 'em one-by-one.

Posted ImagePosted Image
<+overcoat> I am totally a weaboo fangirl | Share & Enjoy now available! Click above! | <jeffball> my balls are everywhere

#627 DrewGourley

DrewGourley

Mudkip (+150)

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

OK! That's no big deal, just thought I'd ask before I started.
Posted Image

#628 Daemos

Daemos

Eggplant Wizard (+50)

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:19 AM

I was wondering if there was an ETA, there's almost 500 new songs since the last updates the last I hears was "after the new year".

I don't like the idea of getting the ones missing via downloads, bandwidth and carpel tunnel both concerns.
"How many times did you do what with who?" -my mom

#629 KyleJCrb

KyleJCrb

Shell Shocked Director, Around the World Co-Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,978 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:23 AM

Carpal tunnel I can understand, but you shouldn't have to worry about bandwidth.

I think Larry was yankin' our chains at this point, though. There won't be a new torrent EVER AGAIN.

Nitro Game Injection, Sundays 6PM ET & GameFuel: Listen on Arecibo Radio | Website | OCR Thread
Projects: VROOM! | TMNT IV: Shell Shocked | KNGI Project Forums | KNGI Records

#630 Level 99

Level 99

Lucid Dreaming Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

There's a lot of changes going on on the backend of OCR right now. Lots of things changing simultaneously, so all parts need to be completed before moving forward. The new torrent is definitely one of those pieces, and I have not let staff forget that we need to work on it at every staff meeting (my job is to be the executive badgerer and nagger for getting things done).

So while no real ETA, it will be sometime this year, most likely sometime over the next 2-3 months. Don't quote me on that as its just an estimate, but its a nice ballpark.

We hate keeping people waiting, but this has been a huge overhaul for the next set of torrents, so it is worth the wait.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#631 Brandon Strader

Brandon Strader

Rebellion/OK, We'll Groove Director

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,209 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

What about the new site design? When we saw it at MAGFurt it looked pretty solid, is it close?

#632 Level 99

Level 99

Lucid Dreaming Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

What about the new site design? When we saw it at MAGFurt it looked pretty solid, is it close?

Yes, it is. That is another component. Everyday a little more gets done on it.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#633 Daemos

Daemos

Eggplant Wizard (+50)

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

Note: I need to stop posting at 11pm my time lol.

I'm just gonna DL the ones I really like until the torrents are updated.
"How many times did you do what with who?" -my mom

#634 Master_Yoshi

Master_Yoshi

Alex Kidd (+200)

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, ab, cdn

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

So recent circumstances have dictated that I have to re-download everything that OCR has put out again, and I would really prefer to torrent everything. I looked at the torrent tracker and only saw that ocr1-1900 are available via torrent, does that mean I have to manually download the other 500+ tracks that are offered? This would slam the mirrors pretty hard, and be quite annoying.

Before I get flamed, I really did try to find some sort of update or note on this, but couldn't get any more info, so I appeal to the community. Please help me save OCR's bandwidth!
No, really. I'm a nice guy, I promise!

#635 Liontamer

Liontamer

Community Manager, Judge

• Moderators
  • 12,723 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

So recent circumstances have dictated that I have to re-download everything that OCR has put out again, and I would really prefer to torrent everything. I looked at the torrent tracker and only saw that ocr1-1900 are available via torrent, does that mean I have to manually download the other 500+ tracks that are offered? This would slam the mirrors pretty hard, and be quite annoying.

Before I get flamed, I really did try to find some sort of update or note on this, but couldn't get any more info, so I appeal to the community. Please help me save OCR's bandwidth!

Until a new torrent is out, have at the mirrors, hoss.

#636 Master_Yoshi

Master_Yoshi

Alex Kidd (+200)

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, ab, cdn

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

Finding the relevant thread FAIL. Sorry about that.

Thanks though! :D
No, really. I'm a nice guy, I promise!

#637 glasshammer

glasshammer

Eggplant Wizard (+50)

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

I can't seem to download any of the torrents from the links provided. whether it be from 2006 to 2011, the torrent wont download from album homepages. Can someone explain why?
Posted Image

#638 Melbu Frahma

Melbu Frahma

Yoshi (+1400)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

What's happening? (i.e. is a screen popping up, the download not starting, etc.)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#639 glasshammer

glasshammer

Eggplant Wizard (+50)

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

The download isnt starting at all. I get a "cant find url" error after about thirty seconds.
Ive tried googling for the torrents elsewhere but supposedly theyve been censored by the US supreme court.
Posted Image

#640 Mirby

Mirby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

well you can only get ocr torrents from ocr, so it's not the supreme court or anything (i hope)

i figured i'd attempt something, and i have come to the conclusion that that part of the site just happens to be down.

so i'll post this advice from the 404 page

Visit djpretzel's artist profile and stare at his picture, maligning his ineptitude as a webmaster that has caused you to endure this entire experience.

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums