Radio Free Gamer podcast

justinj212

Hey all, Shael Riley will join us this week to talk about 'Ultimate Songs from the Pit', the updated version of Shael Riley and the Double Ice Backfire's debut album. The music is tight and catchy, and the lyrics are insightful and brutally honest. I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

If you'd like to catch the interview, be sure to tune in and hit up the chat room tonight at 7PM Eastern. If you can't make it live, then check out the podcast. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

It's xmas! You should be celebrating with your families, but instead you're going to listen to RFG tonight at 7PM Eastern. Why? Cause we're giving away digital albums and Steam games. Join us in the chat, and maybe Gabe Newell shall shine his sweet countenance upon you and bless you with the gift of game. Or maybe you'll just listen as I get drunk on holiday-themed adult beverages. One or the other. Tune in and find out.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tomorrow night on RFG we're doing a special album giveaway to promote the Nubuwo Kickstarter campaign! Just join us in the chat at 7PM Eastern tomorrow, Wednesday the 29th, for your chance to win. Also, be sure to check out that campaign page. For $9 you can get a bundle of albums including music from Danny Baranowsky, Masashi Hamauzu, Laura Shigihara, Floex, and more! Be quick though, because the Kickstarter campaign ends on Thursday.

Hope to see you there, and please help us spread the word.

Lauren Goodnight, voice actress and radio host, will join us tomorrow night to discuss her new show! 8Bit Sex, the latest addition to the lineup of live shows on the 8BitX Internet Radio Network, is Love Line for nerds! Lauren, a former sex-ed teacher, will answer everything you want to know but were afraid to ask.

So tune in to Radio Free Gamer Wednesday at 7PM Eastern to listen to the interview, then check back on Friday at 10PM to hear 8Bit Sex! We'll also air some amazing new stuff from Virt, as well as some remixes and demoscene. Hope to see you there!

• 1 month later...

He's the guy in the weird armor who spins the tunes at Magfest, and now heads up his own net label GameChops. Y'all know him as Dj CUTMAN, and he's live on RFG this week to talk about all the happenings at his new site. Join us at 7PM Eastern TONIGHT to get the scoop.

We're also going to play some music from the latest Ubiktune release Soundshock 2: FM Funk Terror. This album is good. Be careful where you listen though, because the funk had me dancing at my desk at work. That was nothing compared to what the TERROR did to me...

Anyways, I hope to see you there tonight!

• 1 month later...

It's hard to believe it's been three years since I started Radio Free Gamer on 8BitX, and in that time I hope I've shared some great music and fun memories with you. Sad as I am to announce and end to RFG, the wheels are already in motion on my next project. Read more about it here at our home page.

I'm recruiting hosts for my new show; I need geeks who specialize in movies, comics, tv, music, tech, and more. I'm looking for people who are interested in building a fantastic show. If you think you have the chops, email me at radiofreegamer(at)gmail(dot)com.

Hey Justin, I just wanted to let you know that your show was awesome and your contributions to VGM radio will be missed. I know there is a lot of cross-coverage among the various shows out there, but I think they all bring their own thing to the table and have an informative variety. Looking forward to your next project. Best of luck!